Hayes Trucks

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcoleman

displayname
Glen M. Coleman
These are some of the biggest and loudest trucks, next to the mining heavy haulers, that I have ever seen.(Thanks To: Hanks Truck Pictures for these pics)
69869.jpg

69870.jpg

69871.jpg

69872.jpg

69873.jpg

69874.jpg

69875.jpg

Any forested region of Canada(where logging might occur), my friend. I'm not sure if they are still in business, but I do know that they were "Co-Owned" by mack in the late 70's. Helps with the farwood though
happy.gif

Is your point that "It takes a big truck to rape the forest" ?

I guess its all in how you look at it. I am in awe of the size and strength of these trucks, not necessarly
what they do...

Glen:

Thanks for posting about these big Trucks. Very interesting.

BTW....I didn't see anywhere in your post, the mention of raping the forests.

Roland, Glen...Yeah and no mention of tractors raping the wheat and corn fields either. Harvesting Mother Natures bounty, regardless of the crop, is generally in the interest of both mankind and nature...Here in East Texas, where tree harvesting has been going on for over a hundred years or so, we now have more mature trees and forestation than when it began...Agriculture....

Those were really big trucks...Letourneau (sp) makes some pretty big mining stuff near here but not road trucks...impressive...

Myron B

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Myron Bounds (Mbounds) on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 06:27 am:

...Yeah and no mention of tractors raping the wheat and corn fields either. Harvesting Mother Natures bounty, regardless of the crop, is generally in the interest of both mankind and nature...Here in East Texas, where tree harvesting has been going on for over a hundred years or so, we now have more mature trees and forestation than when it began...Agriculture.... <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Well said, Myron.
coffee.gif

Ryan W
bubbly.gif

Allen S.,
Who would you say is the bigger dummie - those behind the wheel or those standing right next to the barriers?

I'd say both of them must be, "a few cards short of a full deck"...
screwloose.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Actually, they can barely drive on the highway empty, but mostly because of their massive size. They did however make highway trucks (semi cabs) when they co owned with Mack

Cool video, love all that diesel smoke, and that whistle of the turbo, reminds me of the tractor pulls (Pro Stock Diesels), but I wonder how they didn't drop their transmissions, I wouldn't do that to my trucks ever.

I got to believe those guys must be owner-opperators with no brains. If any company owner saw them abusing his trucks like that they would be out the door. I've driven dump trucks for 16 years from little 235hp Macks to 475hp screamin Volvos and would never abuse something like that. Wonder if any of them had a trany or rear go a week down the road from that showing off. Why risk your pay check showin off when you break something from deliberate abuse.

Bren

I have a question about those trucks in the youtube videos. I had always heard that really black smoke from a diesel was just "wasted fuel" after turning up the injection pump, but if that's the case, then why was every truck with the darker exhaust in the lead???? Duh!

Brendan-
I'm guessing those trucks are modified strickly for competitive pulling. Could anybody really be THAT STUPID to bring their Monday-Friday "bread earner" out on the track and slap it around like that?

I don't know but I've seen some younger guys abusing other peoples trucks like that tryin to get more loads done than the rest. I didn't think that was a track more of a street closed off, that and I recognise some of the trailers being pulled. Although the trailer may have been donated for the day. I'll have to watch the video again. I got to agree with you on the black smoke, the Volvo I drove was "tuned up" and poored the black smoke and it made a whole lot more power. I loved drivin that truck, one pit I hauled out of was right off the highway at the bottom of a valley. I could top that long steep hill at 63mph grossed 78000lbs, the Mack I was in before would only top it at 30-35.

Bren

I think the mindset of some of those "drivers" would best be described as SFB... (Sh*t For Brains).....

err.gif

Those hayse trucks sure look like an Oshkosh but IDK. The wooden models are just too cool. We had a guy in the army gaurd used to make tanks and stuff like that the same way. There is real craftsmanship there.

Latest posts

Back