• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Getting Older

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jegstad

displayname
Jim Egstad
Well, today I am 72. I guess that's old but I really don't know when you really are old. Maybe its when you can't recognize the guy in the mirror. I haven't posted many times and haven't posted many pictures because I did not have a digital camera and haven't had time for my cub projects. So I'll just post an old pic of my 682 in its winter trim. Before mowing season I plan to swap the sheet metal and engine to a 782 roller. Then this frame will get a 4 cyl surplus engine transplant. I will post some progress pics since I received a digital cam for my birthday.

Meanwhile I may cross over into the narrow frame world and try to find a cub 72 to match my age.

JimE

34180.jpg

Jim, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Nice Rotary Broom. Now that you have a digital camera there'll be no excuse for not posting photos of that 4cyl engine transplant.

Next year you'll need to get a Cub Cadet 73.
happy.gif

Kraig,

I don't even want to think about what comes after a 73 or how long it would be to get a 169 (or even one of the 10hp models). I guess I would need to switch to lawn tractors or mower models....not.

JimE

Jim, next model would be the 86, then the 100, 102, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 147, 149 then the 169, then you have a looooong wait to get to the 482 and so on.
happy.gif

We need to add Attachments to this formula. 59m shredder for some of us might work?

Happy Birthday to all, belated, in advance, etc.

(Message edited by dphelps on March 10, 2006)

Those of you with kids or grandkids could start with the carts, throw in some horsepower ratings from push mowers, cultivator tine numbers, Kohler horsepower ratings, M&W specialty gearbox ranges, mower blade lengths and cutting widths, etc.
This summer, Sue and I will be celebrating our combined 100th birthday. Just another excuse for a party. We got married a couple of summers ago at 3:21 in the afternoon on the 5th of June, so our anniversary is six five four three two one.
So we're strange. Big deal.

Latest posts

Back