• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gas Prices

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Donald Tanner: The last time I was in Canada, they sold gasoline by the Imperial gallon (which was bigger than the standard US gallon, IIRC), since when have they sold gasoline by the liter (or is it litre)?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Jeremiah Chamberlin

Ops Liter 1.40 and I used 4.5 liters to our gallon. I don`t know how that works to your gallon ?

Don: From Wiki Answers, "One imperial gallon is approximately equal to 1.201 U.S. gallons. One imperial gallon is exactly 4.54609 litres, whereas one U.S. gallon is exactly 3.7854118 liters."
(Did you notice that the imperial (UK) gallon is given in litres and the U.S. gallon is given in liters?
happy.gif
)

Edit: The last time I remember buying gas in Canada was while we were in Montreal for the 1967 Expo.

Last time I remember buying gas in Canada was when I was going over Niagra Falls (on the bridge). And when I was getting ready to cross the bridge they had me stop and gave me all the money back I paid in taxes. Nice people up there - treat Americans very well when you're leaving.

Back in the day when snowmobiles used mixed gas (shake the can) we just figured that 5 imperial gallons = 6 US gallons and added oil accordingly.
Ski-Doos are Canadian,hey!

On Topic: Kwik Trip here in Plymouth,WI $3.67 US Gallon( Don, you can do the math)
proud.gif

<u>WTF!!!</u>
Gas spike of $.20 within a few hours. $4.19 in my area

Ranging from 3.23 to 3.29 in Tampa right now..... I may not be able to afford to leave the South!!!

I paid $3.05 today for 87 octane, $3.59 the other day for 89 octane - both of which have 10% ethanol. I paid $4.19 for non-ethanol 92 octane the other day and that hurt! Might be giving the gas additive Startron a try. The 89 and 92 are for my small engines.

I drive through five (5) counties every day in eastern North Carolina on my way to work; the price of gas usually varies about $.10 from one end to the other-- the amazing thing is that the "discount end" changes from day-to-day! One day it's ten cents cheaper on the southern end of my route, in Duplin County (I travel North-to-South on NC Hwy 903), the next day it's cheaper on the northern end of my route (in Pitt County). Ironically, I usually find the BEST price exactly half-way at a little country store (run by immigrants) in southern end of Greene County. The 24-hour Mart at the same county's seat (Snow Hill, NC) routinely charges at least $0.10 more! The little county store beats all competitors in my five-county-run by at least a nickel a gallon, and sometimes more. I used to be finicky about the brands I put in my tank, but since I've been keeping records, I can tell you that (1) changing the oil regularly, (2) keeping the tire pressure up, (3) running Lucas gas treatment (which is actually cheaper than MMO gallon-for gallon) is the best way to keep your mileage up and your wallet slim. I'm not afraid to gas up at a well-run station (immigrant or otherwise --my prejudice is showing
happy.gif
), if I can drop some MMO or Lucas into the tank.

My experience tells me that a great part of gasoline pricing has to do the decisions of the person actually selling the gasoline. As the "retail outlet" they can decide whether or not their gasoline is going to be a "loss-leader" or a "profit center." If you notice, most of the places you buy gasoline these days also sell snacks, food, and beer. Most of the time I stop at the 24-hour mart, they're selling more liquid fuel to the drivers than to the automobiles (mostly beer, some coffee).

The bottom line is that while the price may change from day-to-day, the long-term picture is that we will eventually run out of this non-renewable resource --what then? Today, we are consuming the energy stored since the time of the dinosaurs. If the oil is gone and pollution and higher temperatures remain, are we consuming ourselves? Is this how planets die?

Just a note: I find that both MMO and Lucas Fuel Treatment contribute to overall engine health. MMO can clean things out; but Lucas helps you realize the savings (and performance), but it seems a little tougher on the fuel system.

HOW does gas jump $.20 cents up over night!!!3;98 here in Iowa City,, the paper this morning blames the increase on shutting down refiners for repairs....do they REALLY think the workin man is that stupid to buy that excuse....its nothing but gouging the workin man...I;d love to see this country grow a pair and shut this damn thing down by coming to a complete stop for 3 or 4 days or a week and show these greedy bastards whos really in charge.. I;m sick of this crap..I've got a son who a month a go landed a dream job that he went to trade school for,he has to travel an hour both ways,granted hes getting started but burnin up whats left in fuel...No wonder you can;t make a decent livin any more
bash.gif
swear.gif

Mick, it jumped 30 cents in one day up here to $4.19.
angry.gif

How does that F'N make you feel???? For what it's worth the price around here has been dropping. I don't see any ryme or reason for all this bull$hit.

Still 3.29 here in my town. 36 miles south it is 307.9

Latest posts

Back