• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gas Prices

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gas went from 3.26 to 3.56 for non ethanol 87 octane yesterday.

Gas prices BSBSBSBS
angry.gif

3.73 in Unadilla, NY. Its February they will think of some reason it has to go up.

unleaded went back up to 3.79 here In Iowa for unleaded 2 days ago when we put gas in both vehciles. It dropped 10 cents the very next day, went back up to what it was. Some days it goes up and down 10cents in the same day. that is just wrong and what justifies that? I read in the paper that gas would be less this year, 2013 ,due to increated production in N, Dakota and Canada, I seriously doubt it. Just a bunch of predictions that don't muster up to anything.

angel.gif
cathleen

I can't believe it. I just paid $3.21 for regular (10%) ethanol. It was $3.19 just last week. Gas is always higher on the west coast. What's the mystery going on for the rest of the country. (Yes, that "3" is not a typo).

Well, ya!! the politicians are elected back in office!!! They always drop the prices to make everybody feel happy,happy happy, NOW its time to stick it to the workin class!!!! No kidding, I:ve seen a $.30 cent jump here in southern Iowa this week
bash.gif

Should we expect a spike in the gas thrifty IHCC model 70's and similar small hp models due to the high gas prices? Will the mighty 169's, 782's and 982's prices fall like a housing bust (1650 prices are already low because - who wants a QL...
whistling.gif
)? Will CCC diesels dominate due to superior fuel mileage????

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!

As one that drives about 120 miles a day - I appreciate low gas prices and my 40 mpg car.

As a previous great or not so great President (depending on which side of the fence you are on) said, "I feel your pain."

greenthumb.gif

BILL - Actually, my most efficient CC was a 129 w/44A deck. Mowed my 2+ acres on about 3 to 3-1/4 gallons of gas, maybe just a bit more. My 982 uses a bit over 3-1/2 gal, the 72 & 38" deck when it had the K241 used about 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 gal. And the 72 w/K321 uses between 3-1/2 to 3-3/4 gal.

But then TIME is Money also, the 982/50C combination takes 1-1/2 to 2 hrs to mow, the 129 took 2 hrs to mow, and the 72 about FIVE hours since I mow in 1st gear with it.

The diesel CC's have always sold at a premium it seems. They would mow my yard on about 1-1/2 to 2 gal.

So gas prices are best measured on a gallons per area measure. I do find when gas is $4/gal I don't mow as often.

yikes.gif
it's $3.75 today. Those b----rds! What's the "excuse" today...the sun is shining?? We should have a "WTF" icon to apply.

Dennis "3 - 3 1/2 Gallons" @ lets say 3.65 per/g = $10.95 - $12.77. Heck I remember filling my car up with gas for that kind-o-money.

Tom, I remember when I could fill my '63 Chevy 2 or 3 times for that kind of money. Ah--Those were the days. And Yeah, I realize that I just dated myself.

Local Kwik-Trip is $3.39.9/gal for 87 octane. Was as low as $3.15.9 two weeks ago.

TOM - My first car was a '70 Nova I got summer of '73. It had an 18 gal tank. If I ran it WAY down I could put as much as $12 of leaded premium in it. I had the timing advance a bit to get a bit more HP from it so needed premium. Otherwise a normal fill-up was $8-$9. I'd pay for that $12 worth of gas with a $20 bill and the change was my pocket money for the week, for lunch, smokes, beer, etc. Now days the $20 bill is a down payment on some gas, and either Lunch, or smokes, or a case of cheap beer, but not all three. My three year old used car cost me $1400 cash. My newest car is a 2006 I got June of '05, so will be eight years old in a couple months. HECK NO I'm not better off 40 yrs later.

Get my gas from South Carolina, it's 14 cents less than North Carolina (differences in taxes). Went from $3.32 last week to $3.58 this week.

Latest posts

Back