• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Free IH Gas Caps

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdandrews

displayname
Mike Andrews
The other day someone mentioned to me that International Truck Corp. is offering free replacements gas caps for many of the pre-1980 larger tractors. Apparently the older gas caps with the single vent hole can build up pressure and cause a fire when the cap is unscrewed. The replacement cap has two vent holes and is available free of charge until May of 2007. The website to order these caps is www.ihgascap.com. This site has a list of tractors that apply for the replacement and you just need to provide contact info and your tractor's serial number. I just ordered one for my cub 154.

-Mike

Fortunately this 20-25 yr old program is ending. The cap is basically the same Triple baffle cap as You have now except a second catch is installed under the cap so the cap has to be turned a quarter turn, lifted, then turned another quarter turn and removed, similar to a radiator cap. The cap only has a single vent hole. My Super H and Dad's '51 M both got these replacement caps 20+ yrs ago and they didn't fit either tractor correctly until I removed the second catch.
As long as You don't remove the gas cap with a lit cigar or cigarette in Your mouth the chance of fire/explosion is really remote. A person I used to work with at FARMALL actually testified at the trial that caused this program. Needless to say, IHC lost.

Latest posts

Back