• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Frank C a Tiger cub 123 we will build !

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
If I can get a few tin pieces and a drive shaft and a wiring harness I might be able to make this happen. We would like a little feed back on this build. I hate to see any Cub just sit a rust away .

242958.jpg

242959.jpg

242960.jpg

242961.jpg

happy.gif

Grille Insert Prototype:
242969.jpg

Well, there! Thanks for starting the new thread. I just finished going all through the Sandbox to see if a thread had been started on the Tiger Cub. There hasn't. Thanks for the pics, too. I've got fenders and seat base. Would you believe that I just recently sold my last fiberglass seat?
sad.gif

Already some interest in the Main Forum (thanks, guys!).
Now, "Hold my beer and watch this!".
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

P.S. The cast iron grille base weighs 42.8 pounds. Glad you don't need one!!!

coffee.gif

The 107 driveshaft is the same as the 123. $103.12, new (and that's just the shaft).
happy.gif

On a side note, that 107 once had a Danco loader on it, which now resides in Massachusetts. From what I've read here about vibrating engines, there's guys who would kill for the smoothness of the 10hp that Don has hidden somewhere.
happy.gif

Frank

I have to look through my spares ,but I think I have a drive shaft . I will have to make a list and then check what parts I do have. I will need a seat for sure, to bad you sold your last one
a_weep.gif
. Raining here today , but I will make room in the shop for the 123 and have a close look at it and see if I can get it running. I will let you know what I find. later Don T

242981.gif
here this morning. Marlin is eating breakfast. Oh, man... Marlin just gave away the framework for the seat area last month. I may know of some good fenders though. I'll do some checking into parts around here. Definintely no seat available though.

Don, Frank, you should post a "need" list for project Tiger Cub... I might have a fiberglass pan seat. No upholstery on it but it can be reupholstered. I'll have to check the shed. I know I have several around but I need to do a count as I need some of them for my own projects.
cubwinker.gif

Well, I thought I had a fourth fiberglass pan seat that was missing the blue edging. I can't find it. All I see are the two for my two 105s and the one that I had reupholstered for my #1 125. I'll keep looking perhaps I'm only thinking I had a fourth seat. I know I wasn't thinking of the one that is on my #2 125...
rolleyes.gif
old.gif

Guys I will post a list soon as to what parts we will need to have the 123 running. This will be a fun project for me and Frank and in two weeks my wife will be off vacation and I can get at the list of parts needed. I hope the Tiger Cub comes out great and maybe Charlie will add it`s picture at the top of the main page. The 123 was an important Cub because of it had the hydro installed. IH did a lot to boost sales of there hydro tractor and an important part of there history. Later Don T
old.gif

Don: From what I've seen so far this has a better chance of becoming a Forum Project.
There were Leapord Cubs, too, but I'm having a hard time finding pics of them.
happy.gif

Found this that I'd posted in another forum:
Re: "Tiger Cub"

by F Currier Northern Maine » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:25 am

I guess the "Jumping Tiger" and the story of how IH showcased their introduction of the hydrostatic transmission to their garden tractor line with the 123 ("Easy as 1-2-3") is what attracts me the the 123s. There's 5 of them here, one of which I sold to a friend and "winter over" for him, 1 is for parts, and the other 3 are useable, if not "just right". They're all from different states - RI, MA, NH, NY, and PA. I thought I'd build a "Tiger Cub" for the 50th Anniversary of Cub Cadet in 2011, but now I guess I'll shoot for the 123's 50th in the Fall of 2015! According to Ken Updike in FARMALL CUB & CUB CADET (gotta love that book) the list price of a 123 was $1,082. I imagine that was without any attachments.
Also found that Mike LaMar has or had a Leopard Cub.
happy.gif

Lucas:
thumbsup_old.gif

I was spelling "leopard" wrong!
irritated.gif

Do we need a seamstress for the ears and tail?
happy.gif

Lucas the top photo is my favorite

Kraig at first I thought that was a "keeper of the photos" original with the tiger

Don T. (& all):
Thunderstorms put the end to my mowing for today. Just printed out your 123 pics. You're right about that being a nice hood! Red air cleaner cover has to go! That round hole just forward of the seat area makes me think that someone took a short cut to get to the relief valves. Muffler's shot?
happy.gif

Don .. I just picked up a 123 and it has almost a perfect wire harness. I was just looking at it a few min ago. Its looks like a original,even the terminals for the volt reg. are almost new

Jonathan Danial Salatino

We will be needing a wiring harness for the 123 build . What is there is in real bad shape . We have at least one more camping trip planned with the fifth wheel camper this year for our 38 year married . So I can`t get out of that trip lol. Would the harness be a donated part or what $$ do you need ? I will soon be making a list of parts needed . Frank will send over the tin pieces the 123 needs and I will soon be shop bound for the winter working at my Cubs. Later Don T
old.gif

Donald..Well I havent even thought about that to be honest.I did just look at your profile,Your in canada! lol Looks like you got a real nice fleet of cubs,even a deisel in there.When is Frank going to get that list together? I'm sure we can figure somthing out , Its not going anywhere . I got it cause I got what I thought was a pretty good deal.IDK much about hydros but what is there,its in good shape. I've got some other projects goin myself,maybe we could swap a lil somthing.Or maybe if you pay the shipping and put my name in the donated parts section on the build that would be just fine. lol we'll figure it out

Latest posts

Back