• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Farmall 1206

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kortman

displayname
Kent Ortman
Hi All. Even though I from over on the "green" side of the fence, my dad has a couple of red ones he still farms with. Today he got his 1206 back from getting some much needed pump/injector work and also a new paint job. It is no show tractor by any means, and it will be put to use, but it is kind of neat to finally see it painted up in the proper color scheme (before this it was all red). I figured that Steve B. and several of you others might enjoy these pic's.

27750.jpg

27751.jpg

27752.jpg

27753.jpg

27754.jpg

27755.jpg

27756.jpg

27757.jpg

Kent

Hey Kent, That looks pretty d--n good to me! Thanks for the photos.

Kent,

Who doesn't enjoy a pic of a nice 12'0!!!!........IH just hit the nail on the head with that machine, the perfect tractor in size, power, and looks for it's time!!

I assume you already have your name in for one of the new 1/16th scale Key Series from Ertl?????

I have both the 1206 and the 3588 on standing order!!!!

Hi Guy's. Thanks for the compliments. The paint job could have been better (for what dad had to pay), but it doesn't look too bad for a working tractor. I'm just glad I was around when it got delivered so I could get pictures of it before he got it dirty.

Steve- Yes, I'll be adding a 1206 precision to the toy collection. I saw the prototype at the Lebanon toy show and it was sweet
happy.gif
It will look nice next to my 560 Farmall precision (dad also has a 560 with an all IH turbo setup off of a bulldozer that had the same engine. It is a bit of an oddball though running later flat top fenders and pressed steel drive wheels with 18.4-34 Firestone All Traction Field & Road tires). BTW, I'm sure you noticed he is running 23 degree Fireston All Traction Field & Road tires on the rear
happy.gif

Kent

Kent, thanks for the photos! The 1206 is one of my favorite tractors!

I just got some pictures from my Dad of our 1206. Sorry, they are scans from a disposable camera. I'll get some digitalswhen I get a chance to buff our 1206. Hope you enjoy.
50825.jpg

I was around FARMALL for the first production build of the 2+2's and the 5X88's & 30/32/34/3688 pilot & production builds. I was talking with a person in Product Forcasting who had been at FARMALL for something like 50 or 51 years, his first job at FARMALL was tightening the head bolts of FARMALL Regular's when he started back in 1930 or '31. He said of ALL the new model introductions the 1206 intro was the most trouble-free intro, went off without a single hiccup.

KRAIG - That video Marlin posted made the rounds over @ RPM's coffeeshop a month ago. Many pulling organizations are stiffening up enforcement of safety regulations to prevent that from happening again. The tractor was still running the cast iron flywheel which exploded when the rack in the injection pump stuck wide open and over-speeded the engine. Scarry stuff, if you notice, the flagman was maybe ten feet in front of the tractor just before the flywheel exploded.

Here is a little pick me up for this thread.

Last spring, Dad, Grandpa, and I found this 1965 1206, SN 7771 about 40 minutes away from our farm. We have always wanted a 1206, especially my Dad, since he grew up when the 06 series was still fairly new. We bought it and I drove it home one night after work. We used it to haul corn into town this past fall and loved every minute of it. Since we have the new shop up, Dad decided to restore it...heres a before pic and a few after...

245071.jpg

245072.jpg

245073.jpg

Ryan--That thing looks great! I love the look of those 1206's. Back in the 70's my dad got the opportunity to do quite a bit with them since he worked for an IH dealer at the time. He said they were one of his favorites. I've always been partial to the '66/'86 series but these have really grown on me in the last several years.
ihrotate.gif

Back