• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dealerships and OEM parts

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
I learned something new today about dealerships.
I took my vic in for an full service oil change because I had a coupon that made it worth it (I thought).

Well come to find out that some FORD dealerships do not use all OEM parts. Fairway Ford in Freeport, IL does not, during my full service oil change they installed a cheapo autozone filter and was told most preventive maintenance and tune up items come from autozone to save money, BS if you ask me.

I did complain and changed the filter myself, they gave me 2 free oil changes and promised to use motorcraft.

so some of you dealer guys may know this but I had assumed that from a dealer EVERYTHING would be OEM.

found out I was wrong,

Wally World sells Pure-O-Later filters cheap (Pure-O-Later is the supplier of OEM Motorcraft filters)......so guess where I source my oil change parts?????? 2 ea. P22500 filters and 3ea. 5 qt. Motorcraft 5-W20 semi-synthetic jugs will service my F-150 for 2 oil changes.......

Steve-
That's funny... I buy the Wally World filters as well. In the back of my mind, I always wonder if they are truly the same QUALITY OEM filter that you would get at a dealer parts counter, but I like that they carry Motorcraft for the Grand Marquis, AC Delco for the Suburban, and Mopar filters for the Jeep.

Now if we could just find a Wal-Mart that carries a Cub Cadet #923-3014 filter, and a jug of Hytran we could all put Charlie out of business...
biggrin.gif

I wonder how my stealer use that bulk oil when the customer is not there to see what oil they use. and Art I will use wally diesel oil in my Cubs to know they get the best .

I do all my oil changes in my vic, but had a full service coupon for the FORD dealer that made it hard to turn down. I use motorcraft filter and semi synthetic 5/20 oil only. I get the oil at wally world and my 4.6 takes 6 qaurts, I get the filter at farm and fleet they run on sale a lot.

But never expected a FORD dealer to use autozone on a regular bases.

Years ago I had a Kia and in the beginning I had the dealer change oil/filter. He was bragging that they used 'official Kia filters'. They had a light brown color and stamped Kia, but held against a bright light I could read the name Pur0lator showing thru the second paint job!

Thanks for the link, Jeff. I found the article and pictures quite interesting. Great of that guy to test all those filters on his own and document his findings.
thumbsup.gif

Back