• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub prices

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

I know it depends on the area , but it seems to me that the older (Good) shaft drive mowers are not bringing the $$$ i believe they are worth. Anyone else feel this way ?

I dont know, I seems everything around me has come up some post covid. Seems like there is the it's old it must be worth a grand mentality also to some extent. Haven't seen any what I consider really good deals for a while now. Some that are decent deals if that particular model is what you really want. And some that are just plain over priced compared to a couple years ago.

It depends. If you are referring to manual deck lift/manual trans Cubs, then yes, they aren't desired by the masses. A good 1811/782 all there and ready to mow still brings good money. 1810/1806's are soft. Still a good unit, just not for everybody.

Takin care of and ridin a piece of history means a lot more to me than how fast you can get sumpthin done.
Ya don't throw grandpa away just because he moves a little slower. Don't forget he is responsible for all this modern throw away junk. If he could talk--probably not very proud of it neither.

They don't seem to command the prices anymore.....................I blame it on the younger generation an their desire for the latest and greatest

A loss of appreciation for what CC are

There are far, far more young people interested in Cub Cadets than there were 20+ years ago when I got into them as a teenager. Prices on rare or desirable models and attachments have gone up considerably.

It seems to me that all metal Cub Cadets prices, MTD or not have risen considerably since the covid bs, at least in the part of the US where I live. I see asking prices but there's usually no way of knowing the actual selling price or even if they actually sell. I have been looking for quite some time and have yet to find a reasonably priced Cub Cadet within my set driving distance. I will admit to being a little picky, I won't even consider a CC with a Habor Freight engine conversion or other such "modifications". I've read or heard the horror stories of driving for hours to buy a CC only to find it already sold or not even coming close to the posted description. My 149 is more than enough for cutting the grass on my small yard but I would like to have more horsepower for blowing (or throwing snow).

I sprung a hydro leak on the 1862 so prolly better keep the 1810 lol.
I blew the steel tube, on my 1862, for the power steering that comes out of the lift valve. I looked for 2 years before I gave up and had a local machinist make a nipple that adapted to jic fitting. Then I made a hose to replace the steel line. I've found getting obscure parts is easier for a quiteline than a cyclops! (Mostly because of digger!!!)

How much pressure is in the hydro system on a 1862 when running ?
All of it, until you get a leak, then some bleeds off!!🤣😂 I honestly don't know. But I would guess not a lot in the lift and steer system due to the fittings cub used. The leak I had, the steel tube cracked at the shoulder where it's clamped into the valve, and it just drooled out, didn't spray or anything.

800 psi is actually a pretty low pressure for a hydraulic system. I've worked on hydraulic systems for over 25 years and the typical steer pressure on a vehicle, ag & construction, is 2500 psi. The hydraulic industry usually considered medium pressure to be 2500 to 4500 psi. High pressure systems were anything above that. I've worked on hydraulic drive systems that had the relief set at 6200 psi.
As far as the line cracking, I doubt very much that pressure had anything to do with it. It is most likely the result of fatigue cracking due to vibration and movement of the components. Going to a hose, as mentioned, was probably the best solution. I would have done the same myself.

Latest posts

Back