• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 70D

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kclark

displayname
kevin clark
i am buying a 70 from a friend in april. it is in great condition with like new fenders. the only think i dont like is it has a 11 horse briggs engine in it. i am thinking about replacing the briggs engine with a 6 horse deisel. what would you guys think. do you think the trans would hold up to the added torque. thanks for all input.

Kevin, keep in mind that the transmission used in these gear drive Cub Cadets were used in the 15hp Farmall Cub, and they are the transmission of choice for pullers. It should handle that 6hp diesel with no problem.

... and the ring gear and carrier aren't much smaller than my 88 4x4 Toyota.

well this will be my first cub. what can i expect from this model. can i get sleeve hitch for this madel still.

What can you expect ? Expect it to be <font color="ff0000">I</font><font color="000000">H</font> Cub tuff! Keep an eye open in the classifieds for sale section or post in the wanted to buy section or try the sponsors. Parts are still out there.

Kevin, most any part you need should be available in the used market and many are still available new. The rear 3 point hitch will only be available used but they show up frequently. There is currently a narrow frame 3 point for sale in the classifieds, Mark Romano has it listed for $75, he didn't post a photo of it though, he posted a photo of the tractor that it is on.

well as soon as i get the tractor i want to take so photos. can i post pics here in the sandbox? thanks agian for your input

Kevin: Why not post pics of the 70 in the IH Cub Cadet Forum?
thumbsup.gif

Back