• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 1782 Help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wskaggs

Hi Everyone ,I am new to this forum.I recently purchased a Cub Super Garden Tractor 1782. It is a diesel and has 730 hrs. It runs great. I have a Brinly plow and disk that I would like to use. My problem is that it has a trailer hitch ball on the back hitch. I have emailed and asked people who have items on Ebay Everyone says something different. I have been told I need a wide hitch and others say I need the narrow hitch.I have never had a garden tractor with this type hitch and I do not have any idea what I need or how it works . Are they manual or work off the hydrolics? I am looking for manual or cds to help to see the partsthat I need and how they work.Maybe someone has the items I need or can help me ? I I see some people on here are from KY ,Is there any place near Ft. Knox or Brandenberg area that I could go and get the parts.
Thank You in avance for you help.Wayne Skaggs

You should take a picture of the rear end and post it here on this topic. Without looking you you may need the Category "0" 3 pt hitch. It is run off the hydraulics. The hitch is not available new from cub cadet anymore but there are some places the have fabricated identical hitch replacements that are of really good quality. They run about 400.00 to 500.00. Try and post a picture.

Thanks for giving me this info.Thanks in advance for your help. Here is a picture of a 1782 Cub

The picture was to large I had to reduce it.
82187.jpg

Alternator brgs gave out on 882.I quick shut it down when I heard squealing{Saturday]. Oh no, not just days before my first PD!!!
sad.gif
i called 2 Kubota dealers,1 had one on shelf for $202, I went to Fondy Auto Electric/Madison . They could Rebuild & Test output spec's--couple days.. I said gitr,done.Fred called 3pm yesterday your alternator Done! WOW less than 24 hours...
n00b.gif
and cost $63!! I stopped at local Cub dealer for some parts & asked price for genuine CC alt $334.Yipee,Yahoo...
groupwave.gif
& NOW Please stop the rain!

Wayne,
Looks like you will need a cat 0 hitch for that machine. Yes it will be hydro lift. Very cool Cub.

You may want to look at the top of the page and hit the 'Cub Cadet Parts Look Up' button. In the box that says model number or name just type in 1782, you'll want to look in the attachments section then 3 point and finally linkage. This should give you a good idea of what you should have to get. I would also strongly suggest emailing, or calling any of our fine sponsors at the top of the page, they can often times get you hooked up with the right parts for a great price. jm2cw

Hope this helps
Brian

Brian Thank You for taking the time to give me the info I need.I have ask locally but no one seems to know.

Latest posts

Back