• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 149 - mower deck lift frame question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwotczak

displayname
Jerry Wotczak
I received a 149 from my son-in-law with a snow blower attached and a mower deck and frame included. I'm in the process of mounting the mower deck lift frame, but I have a question concerning the front pulleys that guide the v-belt. The side to side shaft holding the tension spring and pulley hangers is bent. I can straighten it, but are the pulleys supposed to end up hanging straight front to rear, or slightly toed in or out (or one one way, the other opposite)? The pulley hanger frames appear to be bent but because they are so beefy I assume they are meant to be that way?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jerry-

First of all, you should post this question in the main forum because your 149 is a garden tractor and you will receive more input. As far as the brackets that hold the pulleys, the type of deck you use determines whether the brackets are slightly bent to one side or not. They need to be straight for the older style and offset for the newer. You can straighten the hanger rod you speak of but it might need replacing which can be done with some 1/2" rod and a few small holes drilled. Just pay attention to the hole placement because it goes in a certain way. I use the old rod for a template and pay attention to how it comes out.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back