Confused and unhappy

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwesterfield

displayname
Wesley Westerfield
Was pretty excited about getting a tractor and hanging out on this site but seem to be having problems figuring when and what I can post where. Everytime I post I feel as if I am walking on eggshells. The only answers to my posts have been associated with being in the wrong place. As I post this(after looking for a place to post a personal comment to administration) I am sure to get it again. I am trying, I promise. Not used to participating on this or any other forum. I feel a sense of unwelcome.

Wesley, trust me, you are quite welcome here. The reason that you were directed to a different forum area is because your post would be lost if it is in the wrong area. You are now in the correct area for your Cub Cadet. The large majority of forum members are more versed in the older IH built Cub Cadet garden tractors. But there are some that are quite knowledgeable with regard to the more recent MTD built Cub Cadets.

Wesley,

I just looked at your post history and you don't need to feel bad. Charlie and Myron are both a little rough around the edges at times. They get grumpy with all of us form time to time. Just ignore their attitudes and dig out the real message. Charlie is kind of picky where things get posted. He runs this place so I guess he can be. They are both trying to help you in their own way.

Basically, if you have questions about your 1863 post in this forum by starting a new thread. If you are looking for something head to the wanted section. If you have something for sale go to the for sale.

Hang in there and enjoy your tractor, that is what this is all about.

Wesley, I've re-posted some of your other posts here, hopefully someone will see them and respond accordingly.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Wesley Westerfield (Wwesterfield) on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 04:23 pm:

These guys are hard to find! know of a 3-point hitch, power broom, harrow, tiller, or de-thatcher for my 1863 beast? Have borrowed a 42" snow blade from a friend to test fit on my tractor, fits perfectly except the pin on the blade sub frame that slips into the lock mechanism in front is not being allowed to fall into place due to two factory welded bolts on the tractor frame. do I have the wrong blade sub frame?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Wesley Westerfield (Wwesterfield) on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 04:16 pm:

does anyone have a hydraulic lift bracket for an 1863 cub. You can't buy the bracket anymore but you can buy the bolts. I really had rather not make a part for it but will if I have to. really want to stay factory.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Dear Confused and unhappy,

Without sounding like I'm jumping on ya again!
clappy.gif

It's all about just reading a little before you jump and type at the first place you find.
biggrin.gif

The forum didn't used to have specific sections for specific topics, but since it does, that's where the post go.

If you want to send a personal comment, just click my name and my email address is right there. Fire away and I'll be more than happy to reply or if you want to talk on the phone, shoot me your number and I'll call you.

Yes we do TRY and I use the term loosely, to run a fairly tight ship. There's sections for everything and we all need to use them to keep things straight and make it easier for others to find your post and reply to them to get you taken care of as soon as possible.
thumbsup_old.gif

No one is picking on ya Wes. We just want you to post in the right section to facilitate your queries in a timely manner.

Yepper, I'm grumpy, I'm an a$$hole to most, but I try to get things done the best way possible and a fast as possible just to get'um done!

Believe me when I say this, if the day comes when your not welcome, YOU'LL KNOW IT! LOL

And remember this as well, The only stupid/dumb question is one that never gets asked!

Wesley,
Attachments should be an easy find for your 1863. Front attachments lift from an arm attached tio the rockshaft,(by your right foot when seated, round shaft with 2 flats milled on it)This requires adding a lift arm over that shaft. It connects to the lift rod for front mounted attachments.

For mid mount/rear attachments pretty much anything that'll work on a 782, 1811 etc will attach easily and quickly. Same goes for the other members of your ttractor family, the 1860 series, the 1535/1541 and 1440/1641 as examples. If you need assistance, please contact one of the sponsors above (those colorful boxes) by clicking on them, they will have what you need.

Remember, attachments are quite plentiful for your new 1863, so find what you'd like and have at it. One caveat, the attachments for the "super garden tractors" such as a 982, 1872 etc will not always fit. Examples, the Haban 54" blade will not nor will the Haban built 60" mower deck. However any 54",50",48,46" or 44" Cub Cadet deck does. An IHCC or MTD CC front blade for anything wideframe also works great.
thumbsup_old.gif

On snowblower attachments stay with a model 450/451 or 551 snowblower, but get your tractor Serial number and consult your dealer first, as the 450 is geared for older S.N.units based on PTO diameter.

Some of the sponsors even offer a 3 PT Hitch attachment, which allows the use of many additional "toys" such as moldboard plows, discs, rear blades etc.

Wesley W: The first word I posted was "Welcome". I meant it. Thanks to Kraig moving your posts (which I can't do), see what happens when your posts get in the correct place? Answers! As Charlie said "it's all about just reading a little....." and posting in the correct place, And again, we warmly welcome your participation and learning about your Cub Cadet Model 1863 (a model I do not have).

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Didn't know what to expect after posting last. Thank you for being understanding and I will try to perform better in the future.

Myron, actually I didn't move Wesley's posts, I just reposted them as a quote within my post. Charlie can move them. I could move them if I could remember how to do it.
blush.gif
pcwhack.gif
When it comes to most of the moderator functions I'm still a
n00b.gif
so I try to stick with posting photos, something I'm relatively good at.

Wesley, you're in luck, Jim D. found your post! I was hoping he'd find it. I believe he's had an 1863 or at least one (if not a half dozen or so) of it's sister models.

Hey Wes - if you got to www.partstree.com and search your 1863, it will list all the attachments (and parts) at the bottom of the screen. It's a pretty good resource for researching parts and part numbers. (Prices are kind of high though!)

I have an early 1862 with a 450 blower. The newer 1862's took the 451 which has a different sized pulley and would need switched to work. So you may need your serial number also to be sure what's what.

Rick, if you go up top of the Forum you will find a box labeled 'CubCadet Parts Lookup', click on that. Then enter 2166 in model box, then parts on next screen. On top of the list is listed a 42" deck. Dig into it further for more info.

Partstree has errors and incorrect part numbers for some things. Use the CC parts lookup...it's exactly the same interface, just packaged slightly differently.

Wesley Westerfield

I think this is THE BEST cub site around,Because I was taught by watching and not reading, Yep we have a few Cranks,lol on here , but Cub info is all in what you tell and where you put your post.I have and 1961 O and a few more. From over here I got a bit. Jim D knows his **** and will not steer you wrong. Thanks for the help with my 1512D always.Kraig is the best!

I've never had a problem with partstree's numbers, and if they are "the exact same interface just packaged slightly differently", it would indicate that they contain the same info. The comment really is contradictory. (The exact same thing only totally different???) I really don't care which lookup anyone uses, I've personally found the one I use to be efficient and useful. Everyone can decide for themselves as far as I'm concerned. The OP can try my suggestion or follow Matt's order. There's always more than one way to skin a cat!

Matt, don't hate me..I used a cut off wheel to allow the snow blade to latch. I made a neat vertical cut on both factory thing-a-ma-bobs. The blade slid right into place.

Latest posts

Back