• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

China!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was also news of 54 people dying from blood pressure medicine made in china.

My wife went shopping at a German based food store last week. Got some neat(fattening) stuff, also got some garlic. After cooking some up she looked at package and in small print it said "made in China". Was she pi$$ed. Not sure what she said in German but I'm glad I wasnt on receiving end of it.
eek.gif
Guess I'll have to order some from a reputible source in Wisconson later in the season.
err.gif

Y'all checked your Minute Maid or Tropicana labels lately? Guess we can't grow enough oranges HERE...

And speaking of drugs, the FDA's got a lot of nerve saying how dangerous drugs from Canada and other countries can be when their APPROVED heparin is STILL messed up with Chinese crap...

Allen, I'd be happy to send you some garlic, the harvest should be in late July. BTW, the variety that I grow is German Extra-Hardy Garlic.

hi fellows, i cant believe that no one has brought up the fact that china shipped bogus heperin( blood thinner ) that has killed approx. 50 americans that they know of so far. maybe i havent looked in the right place. this was in the bham news but of course it wasnt on the front page. when does the us goverment put thier foot down. our governer is trying to set up trade with them all the time. maybe kentucky ken can set them straight one day, after all U.S. still spells us dont it?

Ted,

We the consumer are the only one that can set them straight. As consumers we have the ultimate control over where our money goes and like wise we should act that way(as I'm sure we all know). There maybe times were we don't have a choice but that doesn't mean that we can't complain to the establishment and keep fighting for whats made here. Phamaciticals made any where but here is ludicrous and should be just short of banned.
banned1.gif
imho

Upjohn/Pharmica/Pfizer is big business here in Kalamazoo and keeps a lot of folks employeed around here. We need to keep our jobs were they belong, here. I'll step off my soap box now.
coffee.gif

Don't buy Canadian drugs 'cause you don't know where they've been .... Buy American drugs 'cause you know where they've been ... on a long boat trip from china !!

Personally I think the government should put any company that imports our drugs from china out of business toot sweet !!

The Lorecet Plus that I'm suppose to take <u>3 times a day</u> for my back pain aren't doing a thing for my pain OR even giving me a buzz when I take them <u>3 at a time</u> so I'm thinking they're made in slanteyecity.

That's why I haven't been on much , I can hardly walk or sit up.

"Lawmakers say Capitol computers hacked by Chinese

Jun 11, 7:11 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (AP) - Multiple congressional computers have been hacked by people working from inside China, lawmakers said Wednesday, suggesting the Chinese were seeking lists of dissidents."

WHAT THE H#)).......WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!
There should be a total and complete ban on any and all products that have anything to do with China !!!

Brendan -

That's a bit of a kneejerk reaction - are you willing to give up your PC because you won't be able to find one that doesn't have Chinese components? Your cell phone? TV?? Stereo???

Not that I'm excusing what they do, but anything with a computer has a high liklihood of containing Chinese-made semiconductors. And what doesn't have a computer in it these days...
wink.gif

My 129 and 149 don't - yet.....
Bryan - good to see you're around !!!

I totally see your point Bryan, but given the necessity the American companies can and will take over/back producing what is needed here when there is a market for it. There is so much cheap Chinese Garbage floating around that everyone is buying the market for American goods has went straight to the dump. I for one AM on a fixed to no income due to an MVA and will spend more on something made in THIS country or do without until I can afford it. Some other countries I don't have as much a problem with but with everything that has been happening with China in the latest years.....
That hacking incident....thats not the first time either, how much else has been going on with them that we are not told about.
Maybe I'm just too opinionated
dunno.gif

Oh well, I think this country needs a wake up
beerchug.gif

Kendell -

That you know of, anyway
lol.gif

Oh, I've been around, reading, POOFing the odd post here and there.

Brendan -

I'm in IT. The Chinese aren't the only ones hacking sensitive computers. Our own US-born kids are doing it, too.

To quote one of my computer science professors, it they let you do it, it must be legal. In other words, if you leave your front door unlocked, don't be surprised if there's a stranger standing in your living room...

Brendan, Brian, You are so right. We need to take this country back.
I sure miss Ky. Ken.

Bryan:
You forget - in today's world, it's always someone else's fault. I didn't close the door, but I have noooo culpability or involvement in the cookies being snatched from the kitchen........(The last state agency I worked for before the State of MI threw all of us IT guys into one service agency was the first agency to firewall their connection to the rest of the state - I didn't trust anyone). Annnnnd I'm sure that the USAF Cyber Warefare unit has prohibited all their little hackers from looking towards the Chinese networks..

And you guys boycotting the outside world - better check on where all the critical raw materials come from, if you want to isolate and re-industrialize the US - oil isn't the only thing we depend on from other countries... for instance, check on where the ingredients for making hi-tech steel or the miracle drugs come from.... Annnnnd, you damn the Chinese, but before them it was Taiwan, the Philippines, Japan and every other country that has gone through an industrial development stage (that we took advantage of by buying their goods at low prices.) I think I've said it before, we have to accept the fact that we're not the only inhabitants of this planet..

I remember when Made in Japan was a warning label. Now even the Japanese farm out their high tech to China. Think that Sony's still made in Japan? LOL

Had to laugh yesterday on the train home. Waiting to get off, one of the newer riders (hmmm, more and more people are taking the train) chuckled and said "these cars are made in Japan!" (Nippon Sharyo). Told him at least final assembly is in Milwaukee
wink.gif
And at least they don't crush like a beer can like those Bombardier cars...

Back