Charge pump seal leak on 1572 need help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvenezia

displayname
charles venezia
Anybody have experiance changeing front seal on hydro pump on a 1572. I am talking about the front seal on the charge pump. Or can direct me to a thread where already discussed. Not sure if I just replace seal or bearing too. How difficult is job.
Thanks for the help

Charles - not much to it really. take the two bolts out of the charge pump and slide the pump from the input shaft.You will have to disconnect the drive shaft and move it aside. Not much to the pump just a pin and two gears and a seal.

Don thanks for the info. I cant get the drive shaft out. not enough room to slide end out

Check the hydro input shaft when you take off the charge pump.An unbalanced driveshaft will beat the shaft against the needle bearing then the shaft pushes the seal up and it will leak btdt.

Take out the motor plate bolts and slide the motor forward worst case take the four bolts out of the front end grill and hood one piece take it off.

Latest posts

Back