Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Cadet 85 repair manual and parts manual wanted

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

John Wyrick

I have been able to download a manual for the 60 and the 55, 75 and 95 rear engine riders, but I have not been able to find a service or parts manual for the 85. I have a 85 special with bagger that I am getting ready for spring. Thanks in advance, JW

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I have been able to download a manual for the 60 and the 55, 75 and 95 rear engine riders, but I have not been able to find a service or parts manual for the 85. I have a 85 special with bagger that I am getting ready for spring. Thanks in advance, JW
Hmmmm,

1613325700388.png

Last edited:

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Got it - thanks - I guess I just didn't see the service manual before...
Any ideas on a parts manual?
I've got it some where, but the parts lookup is faster.

John Wyrick

Sorry, I can't figure it out. When I search for parts, it wants a 11 digit model #, all I have is 85. Serial # doesn't work either. What am I doing wrong? Picture attached
20210214_140545.jpg
20210214_140545.jpg

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Sorry, I can't figure it out. When I search for parts, it wants a 11 digit model #, all I have is 85. Serial # doesn't work either. What am I doing wrong? Picture attached View attachment 142097View attachment 142097
1613348161675.png

John Wyrick

Beautiful thanks for the link. I went back - and found how to get to the parts lookup by diagram not real obvious at least for me:)
Choose service and parts, choose find a part, then scroll to the bottom under helpful links - shop for parts by diagram.

Stay warm my friends - JW

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Beautiful thanks for the link. I went back - and found how to get to the parts lookup by diagram not real obvious at least for me:)
Choose service and parts, choose find a part, then scroll to the bottom under helpful links - shop for parts by diagram.

Stay warm my friends - JW
Lot easier to just enter in Cadet 85 Special,
1613354206175.png

John Wyrick

I have the service manual for a cadet 85 special - thanks to all! I am wondering if anyone has an operators manual for a cadet 85 special. I have found in the parts lookup - front weights. I believe they were available if the rear bagger attachment got to heavy. The service manual mentions reading the operators manual for weight recommendations. I am curious to what they recommended back in the day and how they attached. Thanks! John

John Wyrick

That is great! Thanks Lewis! I was able to print a pdf of the operators manual and the picture that you attached. It almost looks like the weights are 1/2 of the wheel weights on a cub cadet. The manual says to attach (2) 25# weights. I can't remember how much the wheel weights on my 122 are - is it 50#? Interesting. Has anyone ever seen a pair of these weights?

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
John, the Cub Cadet rear wheel weights (which were originally Farmall Cub front weights) are 26 lbs each.

1142.jpg

John Wyrick

I did a quick google search - it appears that they are the same as split front wheel weights on a Farmall Cub. Is that correct?