• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cadet 76 (Snow) Blade

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jherman

displayname
Joe Herman
I'm beginning to search for a blade for my 76 so it can be ready to move some snow. The problem is I can't find much detail on what blades fit. I understand that a 42 inch blade was an option but will any IH Cadet 42 inch blade fit?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Joe, I think the model number for the 42" blade for a 76 lawn tractor is 424. If you use the Parts Lookup and search for a 424 under attachments you should be able to find it. Might also require a model 193-402 adapting package.
dunno.gif
Perhaps Myron has better info.

Myron???

Hi Joe, Kraig...

I'm not familiar with that 424 designation...

I have a 1977 price list the shows the Kind/Code for a 42" spring-trip blade as: 60008UX900. Requires a separately ordered completing Package - found in CPE-2- For the Model 76, it is mostly the Lawn Tractor subframe assembly 57209-C1 <listed as #15>.

Basically, to my knowledge, any IH spring trip 42" blade will work <u>IF</u> you have that LT Blade Sub-Assembly !

Myron

Myron, Joe, I found the 424 and 19X-402 in a CCC Attachment Guide, publication number 772-3879. The 424 might actually be 193-424, not sure (The Parts Lookup does not use the 19X prefix on the 424 Blade but the Attachment Guide does????). This was listed for fitting onto the 182/282/382/383/382 Hydro, the 82 series replacements for the 76/80/81 IH built Lawn Tractors. Here's the info from that guide.

167792.jpg

167793.jpg

I really need to keep my copy of the CPE-2 close at hand...

Joe, Kraig...

Aha!, that's a CCC model number...and since the 182 is almost exactly the same as the Model 76 (except for color, of course) then that CCC 19X-402 adapting package will work for Joe...

Myron B

Kraig&Myron...maybe my eyes deceive me but...arn't the wrong pair of items circled??
Looks like correct adapter kit but not with the blade indicated...but maybe it doesn't matter if he has the right adapter pkg.

Allen, yeah I circled the wrong one!
bash.gif
I found the chart first and went by it's part numbers as the other blade on the chart appeared to be just other adapter packages but I read it wrong... Good catch. Should be the 19X-375 Blade and the 19X-402 adapting package... I think...
blush.gif
If only I hadn't lost my secret decoder ring...
help.gif

Back