• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Batteries

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
450 CCA Exide LGT battery from TSC or Menards......about $40

I broke down and put an Interstate battery in my 1782, the others just didn't hold up near as well.Also important if I ever take the 1782 on the NASCAR circuit
1a_violin.gif

on another similar note- last September I needed a new battery for my 782, just last month I tried to start it and it was stone cold dead- I tried to charge it but it would not accept the charge so I took it back to Advance Auto Parts where I bought it. I also noticed the date on my battery was 2/15- sort of thought not good since I purchased last September but should be still under warrantee figuring it would be good for at least two years- according to the clerk no warrantee- they only cover them up to three months then you are done. I persisted that they have to be wrong- eventually got the manager involved- he looked at their history that I did purchase it in September 2016 and that he would cover it- he made a point to say these batteries for small tractors and motorcycles are only covered for three months- he had less to say when I pointed out the replacement battery he was giving me to cover the bad one was dated 11/16- still out of date- I asked him if they only cover these items for three months how can he sell batteries out of date????? he had no answer- I have a new policy- not buy batteries from Advance Auto - hope this info prevents others from making the same mistake.

I have had the opposite experience with the Exide batteries.......they last for a long time and always get the job done.....

I do make sure they are plugged into the Battery Tender Jr. when stored over the winter or on stand-by for snow removal duties over the winter...I'm sure that helps with overall life!

Agreed, the Exide is a great battery for the money. I just had easier access to the Interstate and have been quite pleased with it.

Anymore Interstate batteries are nothing but a sticker put on by the manufacturer. Johnson Controls I think

I have an Interstate in the 782D. Only one that seems to last. My 1994 Dakota has an Interstate that was installed in 2009. I've been blessed so far.

So, everyone is using a regular LGT battery in them??

I was wondering what modern size would cross over from the original size and fill the battery tray size wize.

Pete, I don't buy anything from Advance Auto. They pretty much sell garbage these days + the people behind the counter are clueless.

David, I run nothing but L&G batts in my smokers and never have a problem with them starting, of course it's not 25 below zero down here in Georgia either. :) I've had good luck with Deka so that is my preferred choice.

Looks like the 882 used a group 26 battery, so I'm getting one of those.

The little smoker is rea;;y proving its worth on the cemetery restoration project I am involved with.

Latest posts

Back