• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Bald Eagle Photos

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
I saw a Bald Eagle eating a car kill deer on my way home from work this evening. I just had to stop to take some photos. I'm glad I had my camera with today. This was along a State highway with plenty of traffic. The eagle didn't seem to care one bit that cars were stopping to watch. Slightly graphic, so if you're the queasy type, don't scroll down. I'm sending some videos to Charlie, I'm hoping he can host them so that they can be linked from here.

Charlie, TIA
happy.gif

220004.jpg

220005.jpg

220006.jpg

220007.jpg

220008.jpg

America's pride doing its best to clean up gold ole USA.
thumbsup.gif

Kraig-

Beautiful bird...he's just sitting down to dinner. I'm glad they figured out the crap about DDT or else you wouldn't have gotten this chance. I'm glad you had the camera.

Thanks

Kraig-
Neat pics. Those Eagles are always BEAUTIFUL to see. I think I was about 18 years old before ever seeing one, but now I problably see about one a week on my drive to/from work.

I agree with Wayne, I'm glad they figured out the DDT-thing.

Thanks Kraig. I like to watch the eagles on Dale Hollow lake here in Tennessee. They are beautiful sailing over the lake.The Govt has released several in the last 20 years. A friend got caught shooting one and ended up paying a lot of money for vet bills and rehab for six months.

Kraig they are an Awesome Bird. Last Sunday, Went up to Sauk City/ Prairie du Sac & watched about a dozen Eagles at Eagle lookout over Wisconsin River below the open water of the Prairie dam.( In only a period of less than an hour in late afternoon.)The last count, the biologists did was about 120 , in this area. That Sunday they were making a new count...

Thanks for the nice comments on the photos. It was an amazing sight to see. My internet connection at home isn't as capable as the one at work so I gave up trying to email the videos to Charlie. I'll try today from work.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

Thanks for sharing ! the second vid lol he was hungry.

Don, wait until you see the 3rd video, it's not for the squeamish! It's been sent to Charlie for uploading. FWIW, I'll be sending 4 videos total.

Yum yum. And without salt and pepper.

I wonder if he was driven to eat near traffic from excessive hunger. Yall've (southern term) had some pretty rough weather so far. I've heard big birds of prey have about a 10% success rate with their kills. I sure hope he doesn't hunt there often.

Thanks for the videos Kraig....nice!

Kraig-
I saw this in our local town's newspaper and thought I would post it. Kind of ironic. I think it's the same eagle. I mean, he's got the same white-head, brown-body, and yellow beak! He almost looks like he's posing for this shot. "Wait, let me turn toward the left, my RIGHT side is my good-side..." LOL!

220345.jpg

Art, cool! Looks like the same Eagle to me. Thanks for posting that.
happy.gif

heres a few pics of an eagle in the tree line next to my house. (not as nice as kraigs) This eagle was about 500 feet away.

We have seen them before by the Pecatonica River but not near our house which is about 2 miles from the river.

220431.jpg

220432.jpg

220433.jpg

FYI. Decorah Eagles...live video with 3 eaglets. They just finished an afternoon snack of a bird in 15 minutes. I've them watched on/off for 3 weeks.

Back