• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Attatchments, Attatchments, Attatchments...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, read my 11:18 post and Myron's 11:01 post.
happy.gif

Kraig-
That rusty/primered Earthcavator you posted a picture of yesterday @ 10:57am is the same one as the later picture you posted with fresh paint in my garage. That unit belongs to Robb Kruger. I had both his and mine sandblasted and then painted his for him. Sadly, mine is still on the shelf in primer.. Sigh...
happy.gif

Here's another picture of it with new decals on the back of Robb's (sorry for the off-topic) tractor, but that all Robb drives...

52218.jpg

Mike-
I could be wrong, but my understanding of the mounts is that the ones with mounts on top of the main beam were intended for SEARS tractors and the ones with mounts on the front of the main beam are for JD or other Cat-0 tractors. The one Charlie posted is, in my opinion, correct for a Cub Cadet-style 3-point hitch.

<font size="-2">I believe they made one for Bolens tractors that looked similar to a cub version also, but I'm not certain about that...</font>

Art!

long time no post...

mebbe he's spending too much time over on the green side of the field....
err.gif

not quite as elusive as Hydro Harry...

Scott, I think you are correct! I need to stop over at his house one of these days and take inventory of Yellow & White vs Green and perhaps straighten him out.
happy.gif

Art,
52220.jpg
wedgie.gif

Kraig-
I have an idea, let's hook your off-topic tractor to my off-topic tractor and see who drags who around the "back 40".

As Dunham used to say.........
guitarist.gif

SAY!
Can i throw my off topic tractor in on this deal?
I'll let both you guys hook up together just make it a little more even though.
beerchug.gif

Art, how about I use my dad's off topic tractor instead?
pop.gif

52224.jpg

Charlie, sure why not? But ya gotta post a pic!
happy.gif

Wow, we sure hi-jacked this thread.......
angel.gif

KRAIG - I know where You got that green & yellow logo....
thumbsup.gif
It would look better if they sheared the sheep.
roflol.gif

I better get this thread back on track with the correct colors.

52229.jpg

52230.jpg

Mine looks almost like the one's Kraig and Art posted except mine originally had the lift hookups on top of the cross brace. I had to add hook ups on the front when I built the cat 0 three point hitch for the cub.

52231.jpg

Richard - You definitely put a lot of work into both. Looks great.

Rich, nice earthcavator... where did ya get the 3 point though, I want one like that, but I have only seen complete ones for 5-600 clams... too much for my taste.

Earl, nice bolens... I like the loader... jes a note (try and keep it cub ok...)I'm not yellin, but ya know.
thumbsup.gif

Ummm,
Doesn't anyone remember what we discussed last august?
The main page is for CUB CADETS only, Off that page is pretty much fair game within reason, grin!
So that Bolens is just fine on here, Pretty damn cool too, if I do say so myself!
beerchug.gif

Glen Coleman

I built that Cat 0 3-point hitch for my Cub. I have seen a lot of home made three points and many look like a cobbled up mess, they may work fine but I wanted something that would look professional.

I took me about 2 years and many prototypes before I was satisfied with the results. My goal was to build one that looked professional, like it was built by IH and would be able to bolt directly to either a wide frame or a quietline cub without any modification to the cub.

I took into account ruggedness, maximum lift, safety, ease of adjustment, ability to reproduce additional hitches and maintain the same dimensions.

I looked at many different three points and suppliers and nobody had an adjustable lift arm that I liked. I wanted it to be light, small, yet rugged and adjustable without removing the lift arm to adjust. I took me about 6 months and many prototypes before I came up with one that I was satisfied with and that I could produce.

When I was satisfied with the end result and had all of my patterns I built a couple more hitches to see if I could sell them at a reasonable price. When I figured the materials I would have to sell them in the $500 to $600 range and that didn't leave me much for wages and then I had to contend with shipping.

I had thought about selling the extra ones I built but from what I have seen on some other Forums, someone would buy one take my ideas and the measurements, build them and would sell them or else pass the plans out on the forum saying it was their idea. Maybe I'm a little cynical in my old age but I've been around awhile and seen how the game is played.

Richard:
"I had thought about selling the extra ones I built but from what I have seen on some other Forums, someone would buy one take my ideas and the measurements, build them and would sell them or else pass the plans out on the forum saying it was their idea. Maybe I'm a little cynical in my old age but I've been around awhile and seen how the game is played."

roflol.gif
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back