• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 30, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
317372.jpg

317373.jpg

DRESDEN IMPLEMENT CO., INC.
5th and Main St. Dresden Ohio 43821

happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 129
  • 317372.jpg
    317372.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 317373.jpg
    317373.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 317372.jpg
    317372.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 317373.jpg
    317373.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 125
Jason-wow weird to see a slip like that what’s the date 74?? 2254.70 was/is a boat load of money

a_blink2.gif
Was the forum down for several hours or was it just me?
dunno.gif

Attachments

• a_blink2.gif
    a_blink2.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 130
  • dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 132
It was down here for sure. Withdrawal pains!

Kraig, musta been...I tried to get on several times this morning, Digger must have hit the wrong light switch when he went to bed!!
clappy.gif

Attachments

• clappy.gif
    clappy.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 137
Just a test on my end for the inevitable future of the forum!
No sense in beating a dead horse to make it live again!

So you were cleaning the hamster cage?
joker.gif

Attachments

• joker.gif
    joker.gif
    598 bytes · Views: 134
Jason: I really like seeing those old sales receipts. The inflation calculator says that $2254 in 1974 = $11,144 in 2016.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 132
Question for the engine experts on a K321a that we are attempting to rebuild for a 147. Anybody ever have to replace the camshaft due too much wear on the lobe where the pushrod for the breaker points contacts it?

The wear is in the form of a smooth groove that is ~0.125 - 0.14" wide and ~0.005-0.009" deep (best calibrated eyeball estimate with a steel scale). The wear is deepest at the center and where the lobe begins to open the points. It radius tapers back to nominal at the edges (fore/aft). Matt G and I were able to statically time it to within +/-1/2 degree prior to disassembly.

Is there a limit on how much wear is acceptable points lobe for the cam? The rest of camshaft looks good otherwise, but this engine does appear to have a lot of hours on it and it was cheaply/improperly rebuilt by the 2nd previous owner before me and we are trying to fix past transgressions. Appreciate any feedback.

Ethan,

Yes, that was a lot of money back then but look at you were getting...a 149 w/hydraulic lift! Also note the 44" mower deck was free as part of an annual promotion IH would run each spring. The 149 was the top of the line model(except for the 169 which started limited production in early 1974). The 149 is considered by many to be one of the best Cub Cadets produced and is still highly sought after even today.

Latest posts

Back