• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 30, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info fellas. I'm going to do some more messing around with it today. If I don't get it going I'll snap some pics and put them on here. thanks again guys.

Thanks to all that responded.

I was thinking about my "jerky" problem when it occurred to me that it's possible the internal brake may be too tight. The tractor stops on a dime without using the brake. So if it's set tight, wouldn't that maybe account for the "abrupt" problem???

Richard C.,

I repaired the trunion but didn't replace the springs. I think I'll get new ones and see if that helps. Thanks for your suggestion.

Norm - I can't tell ya why someone would remove it and keep it off, but it is supposed to prevent the hood from bouncing and rattling. That helps reduce noise and, if correctly adjusted, helps prevent (or reduce) the damage to the lip of the dash. Part #13 is a spring clip to latch the hood shut, and #12 is a rubber bumper to absorb shock and reduce noise. I wouldn't run it long without these parts, or that lip on your dash will be completely broken off before you know it.

231122.jpg

Greg L.,

Looks like I need to replace all those parts, including the dash, it's in bad shape. Thanks for the info.
Also, is there any cosmetic difference (except number designation & engine size) b/t a 1450 & a 1650?

Got the rear axle out of the 104 and semi washed off. Wifey isn't that crazy about it being parked on the front lawn.
err.gif
Need to fix the shift lever and the brake is froze up. Anyone have any tips on the brake froze up issue? I had a wicked hard time getting this photo to upload for some reason it would not size right. tim p.

231132.jpg

Got my first and only Cub home today, a 123. I'm really going to enjoy this and I'm sure I'm going to need your help and advice. Meanwhile here's some pictures
231144.jpg

231145.jpg

Way to go, John! Jeeps and Cub Cadets are a good combination!
Went to get the mail this morning and saw a friend towing his half ton Chevy pickup into his garage with his 149. Things you see when you don't have your camera!
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back