• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 30, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norm B.
Do a google search and you will see all the failures people been having with the larger sized tires. That's not saying that smaller tires would be the same, BUT!

Jason H.
There's really not an easy way for anyone to tellya what the problem is if we don't see how and where you ran your lines.
Get your camera out and shoot us some pics.
Or at least give a detailed description of what line you have going where and so on and so on.
thumbsup.gif

Kirk Lorenz, NICE JOB! Good straight furrows, head & tail clean and square! You give us a high standard to shoot at!

And your tractor wears hub caps to plow! That's just boastful! ROFL.... :cool:

Bryan/Kraig,
Wasn't that on the 169??

Lewis P,
A "Excavator" is a backhoe.

Jason H

(I put a hydraulic lift on my 147.) you installed a ported pump and run some lines. It would be nice to know what you had before the ported pump and lines.did the 147 have a electric lift,or the lift handle for manual lift? Could the lift handle be locked in one position ? we need more info , I just can see it from here !
yikes.gif

Tom Hoffman

A back hoe started out as a loader and then a rear digging arm was added.An excavator turns on a pin driven buy a plate and most times runs and sits on tracks ( rubber or steel) > I guess I don`t standunder the question .
1a_scratchhead.gif

I remember Bryan offering that thing to anyone who'd pay the shipping. I didn't have a lift for a wideframe at the time and I thought about it
happy.gif
. Had to be about 99.

Glen M. Coleman

I used the loader bucket and would float the ground till I got it near level looking and the tip the front of the bucket down and add weight to the bucket by lifting the front wheels off the ground. Plus a few trips over it with the 149 with 100 lbs of IH weights helped also. We had a lot of rain last night and you can see where I backed my Diesel truck off the new drive. It will take a few more good rains to really pack the ground down.I have to build another good roller,seems they are always needed for lots of jobs.

Kirk Lorenz
the last time i tried to turn some sod , I found it would stand up and not fall over as I wanted . Wish I had some sod to turn here, I would love to get out and turn some sod for an afternoon with the 149.
thumbsup_old.gif

Tom,
So is a man with a shovel.
err.gif

Was a 147 ever intended of having a hydro pump installed instead of an electric lift?
The ones I've had did not have the holes in the frame for mounting one.

Norm,
My local TSC carries Carlisle in the same size,not sure who makes HI Runs

Norm, I have two front hi-runs on the front of my ot lgt they seem like a good tire, if I planed on owning it forever I would just fork out the money and get a set a vredestine v61s I did this for my 122 and they are great.

Norm your also missing the noise reduction shield that goes between the tower and the engine.

Charlie,

No, I did the lookup. I just wanted verification and a possible reason, if any, of why it should be missing. Sometimes owners will remove parts that aren't needed, causes problems, etc.

Jeff B.,

Noise reduction shield? Can't find it in the parts lookup. Are you talking about the firewall?

Thanks Charlie for posting the picture of the lift arm--- 9/30 9:28AM. That is exactly what I was invisioning to design & fabricate.

I see a few weak areas in the photos as well, when I fabricate mine it will be more robust.

Good morning, All.
happy.gif

Norm B. I'm in agreement with what Richard C. said about having something in the linkage being loose. Most of the time a sticking check relief valve will come out of it if they are cleaned and re-installed.. However there is always that one in a million. And for it to be both forwards and reverse does tend to lean towards the linkage binding up on you.

Jason H. Here are some thoughts for you. I'm not that familar with the layout on the hydraulics on the Cub Cadet remote or what you are using for a remote control. This is simply because I don't mess with them unless I would need to work on them. However here goes.

When you ran the output line from the pump to the remote did you make sure that line is correctly installed to the input area on your remote control? In other words.... Output line from the hydrostatic pump goes to the input part of the remote control. Double check that.

Now as far as bleeding the lines and cylinder. You may have to go stroke the system a few times to bleed out all the air on a two way hydraulic cylinder.

On a lift only cylinder when the oil is forced into the cylinder there should be a breather of some kind to let the air out of the other end of the cylinder. Also, a lift only (or) one way type of cylinder requires gravity to lower or retract the cylinder.

I hope this helps a little for you. Keep us posted.

Off to explore the interesting world of Cub Cadet maintenance and usages today. You all have a beautiful day.

Back