• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 29, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my 1250, when I gap new points, where do I find the sight window for the timing mark?

The hole in the tinwork below my wrench is where the timing mark is seen on the flywheel.
65986.jpg

I could be wrong but I think on a 1250 (Quiet Line series) the timing hole is on the other side (carburetor side) due to the ring gear starter being in the way.
dunno.gif

65988.jpg

Over the weekend a "cub" friend of mine told me there is a site where you can go and buy a complete overhaul kit for our K-series Kohler engines that includes: rod, piston, rings, gaskets, etc. for around $80. This seems really cheap. Is anyone aware of this?

By the way, if you never want to replace the points again, have a foolproof way to establish correct engine timing and have a powerful spark I would click on the sponsor above that says Kirk engines and have a look at what he offers.

65991.jpg

JIM T. - This will probably ruffle a few feathers here but only $80 for a rod, piston, rings, wristpin keepers and a complete gasket & seal kit I'd be REALLY suspect of the quality of the parts. Not saying they would work and run well but on a tractor Your going to work hard I'm afraid they may be short lived. Once You add in the cost of machine work and the assembly time & materials it may make more sense to spend a few more Dollars on better parts. I used a STENS piston & rod in a K181 I rebuilt 3-4 yrs ago on My lawn vac and it runs fine....but then it just sits and idles all day....never really pulls hard.

I paid more then that for JUST the connecting rod for my K301 rebuild! While it's true that I splurged and bought the Alcoa Forged rod, I'd be suspicious of the quality of those parts. Why cut costs on a rebuild? If properly rebuilt (and maintained) your Kohler should run happily for another 10 to 20 years! If you think of it this way your cost/year is quite low....
coffee.gif

Jim,

I've seen those kits on ebay for $79.99. You probably get what you pay for...

When you clear coat MAKE sure it is the proper coating that matches your base coat. Enammel Clear Coat is getting harder to find around here.

I have asked "House of Colors" if they are making Int. Red (706) in Latex. Which I have been reading about lately. What I have seen is Latex for body work is the real thing and it looks a lot easier to spray than the other "stuff"

Pops

Latest posts

Back