• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 29, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcrews

displayname
James Crews
Hello
I think I must have a bad carburetor on my 70. It fires and get a spark but wont run even when I spray carburetor cleaner it it.Am I correct?
ihrotate.gif

Ongoing saga... Ok, guys, I got the motor to spin good, ran new battery wires, new throttle cables, cleaned the motor real good. Starter turns the flywheel, now I got no spark!!!! I looked at the wiring diagram in the manual, but its kind of confusing. Where does positive from the condensor go? To positive on the coil? It had spark before I tore it apart last time.

Hi there—have a question for the “82” owners. While mowing with my 782 I noticed I was leaving a trail of oil. Got it up on the ramps while running and saw oil dripping, running off the tranny filter. Though it had vibrated loose so I gave it a ¼ turn to see if this helped. Didn’t even slow down. So I figured it was the cork gasket. Pulled the tunnel cover off to take a look. Started it up and saw the oil running over the top. Pulled the gear shift cover off and one of the relief valve pin holes is just bubbling away. Now for the questions. Drop the tranny or pull the fenders . They set right under the front of the fender assy. Next can I use any relief valve, with or with out the relief pins (like a 149) or do I only use an 82 series. I did this on my 149 a couple years ago and they are right in the open, 10 minute job. This looks like it will take a little longer. Thanks in advance

Chris P: The wire from ignition switch attaches to the positive (+)post on the coil. On the negative (-) post of the coil, attach the pigtail from the condenser and the wire to the points. The condenser is, of course, grounded, through its case to the bolt of the coil bracket.

Myron B
CCSupplyroom

Thanx all ,I thought fresh oil was the way to go but just wasn't sure. Thanx again.

Jcrews,Usually carb cleaners will almost kill a running engine,try shooting a LITTLE ether in there and if that dont make it run for a second or three then I'd say it's some kind of intake problem like a clog, muddobber nest or maybe a stuck valve? Has it been sitting for a while? Anyone? Anyone?

John N:

The Check (or relief) Valve needs to be replaced. Simply remove the Tunnel Cover, and exchange the Check Valve. The 82 Series used an Automatic Check Valve that had no manual release buttons in the top (Part # SU-9500085)

Attached is a image of the QlL Series Hydro for your reference.

65926.jpg

Chris P:

You didn't mention the model of Cub you are working and so, I am assuming it is the 1250 indicated in your profile.

As Myron stated, here is an image for your reference.

65929.jpg

John N. Should be no need to remove fenders. I just changed my 782 a coupe months ago. Gets a little tight but it can be done. blow it off good before and then again after you crack the valve loose a turn. Dont want any crud in there to add to the problem. Good luck.

Henri
I tried the ether also. Carb cleaner is safer than the ether because starting fluid can cause damage to the piston. When I use the Carburetor cleaner I have no problem getting them to run up to a minute to 90 seconds which is all I need to trouble shoot.But thanks anyway.

Recently acquired a 782 and the hydro is strong but usually when I first make a forward or reverse input to the transmission it shudders just a little bit and then it's fine. Haven't changed the trans fluid/filter yet but I stuck my finger in the fill plug and the fluid seems clean and smells okay. I'm still going to change the fluid/filter and clean out the rear end while i've got the cover off. I've manually turned the driveshaft and didn't notice a sheared spirol pin. Any suggestions as to what could be causing it?

what is the right timing for a301 A in a 125 . the primary marks where lined up did not run well . there is no balance gears, is it the secondary mark or 5 teeth off the timing mark .

More 1250 stuff. Ok, I hooked up the condensor to the neg. side of the coil, remember I had it wrong and hooked it to pos. on the coil, still no spark. Checked the points and they looked bad. They were ok the first time I checked them so I'm thinking I fried them somehow. Question, what limits how far the points open up? What makes them open up? Even though they looked bad, I re-adjusted so they made contact but they still werent even opening when the motor was turning over. So, I'm going to get new points, should I get a new coil and condensor too? How do you gap the points?

Latest posts

Back