• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 28, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwiggins

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Jason Wiggins
The "back" shed,,
err.gif

317279.jpg

SWEET
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 112
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 119
  • 317279.jpg
    317279.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 317279.jpg
    317279.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 121
Ok so set back tonight on my 1450...I was putting a battery box in and was taking the battery out,as i was loosening the bolts I dropped the wrench and it fell on both terminals of the battery it arced and I instantly snatched the wrench off.the battery seems ok but after getting the box in and repairing the battery cable I broke in the process,the tractor cranked once slightly and now won’t crank at all the solenoid is clicking and the battery seems to be up as it should....any ideas on what the H€ll i did to this thing now????

Charlie, nice stash. I was gonna say "dibs" on the 125 but I think Jason beat me.
pop.gif

Attachments

• pop.gif
    pop.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 119
Digger cool “shed” I’d like to go through there with a wrench and couple of bins to put parts in LOL

Ethan, that's not a bad idea.
happy.gif
I have been meaning to drive up and visit Charlie...

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 111
Harry,
Those are 126 Metal Halide ballast that I picked up for 17 bucks that have a 7 pound hunk of copper in them, LOL Winter project one day!

Jason and Kraig,
That 125 is one that Hugh Simon started to convert to hydraulic lift, and I never got around to finishing.

Charlie, you say you haven't been to "THE" back shed....

The? As I recall, you have 4 or 5 back sheds, don't you?
lol.gif

Thanks for posting the pic of Don T - he was always good for starting/continuing conversations here. And always informative & entertaining!

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 115
Nope,
If I still had this stuff maybe! LOL
317283.jpg

But that stuff, turned into this stuff ya know. ;-P
317284.jpg

Attachments

• 317284.jpg
    317284.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 317283.jpg
    317283.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 317284.jpg
    317284.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 317283.jpg
    317283.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 143
Ethan K. Maybe we'll have to put the 104 on the Transportation Network for you to get. Right now I'm just too hectic to even think much Cub Cadet stuff much less need anymore to clutter my mind...

Charlie - 7# of copper, that's a nice chunk. Ooh, I sorta figured they all "Ran When Parked".

Kraig and Ethan - I recommend you visit Charlie's sheds about mid-Feb. That's the time for your best chance and least "risk". Before you go in make sure there's smoke coming out of Charlie's chimney.

Ethan - now, on the poor old 1450, as long as you didn't have the key switch in the on position when you dropped the wrench I don't think you would have hurt anything. I know you said the battery still seems up and good but first thing I'd do is try another known good battery. If the 1450 still acts the same (solenoid clicks but no start) then you're gonna have to trace down the problem. I'd start by giving the starter a little tap. The bendix could be stuck (somewhat common), and then proceed to the usual checks.

He did kinda help keep things going around here, didn't he?
happy.gif

317291.jpg

Attachments

• 317291.jpg
    317291.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 127
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 111
  • 317291.jpg
    317291.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 124
Hydro-I did the tap test....I think I have it traced down to a short in the battery/starter cable I was messing with them under the tractor I separated them from the mounting bracket and tried the tractor a it cranked several times but hen went back to the clicky no starty thing again

Hydro-I’ve got that poor old 1450 brought a long way back from the brink of the scrapyard I’ll have to email you some resent pictures of the progress from the first pictures I showed you it’s just one step forward and two steps back bull s**t that’s getting on my nerves...oh no my h,i,keys must have stuck LOL

Ok...all set now it was an internal brake in the ground wire replaced and starts again

Ooh Ya, I forgot to mention I miss ole Don to. To this day I still wonder if he ever got the engine in that 125 to run.

Ethan - just post those pics on here. We like sharing, especially comments
destroy.gif

Attachments

• destroy.gif
    destroy.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 111
Ethan,

Another wire I would check is the large hot lead from the starter solenoid on the inside of the dash tower to the starter itself.

I had a 1650 I was working on was having starting issues. Someone before me (and not the owner) had fiddled with the wiring trying to fix the starting issue. They cut out one of the wires from the key to the voltage regulator, and had added an extra ground wire from the dash tower to frame, and then to the engine. When I replace the rotted ignition switch, and put a known good battery from one of my tractors in it, and the charger hooked up, it would either click, or crank over like the battery was almost dead. During this process, I happened to be looking at the back of the engine when I was trying to crank it over (had the fuel tank removed so I could see under the dash) to make sure there wasn't anything interfering or something mechanical I could see. One time when it started to roll over very slowly, I noticed an arc and a bit of smoke come up from firewall area. Where the wire passes through the hole in the firewall, it had been pulled tight against the hole by the extra ground wire. So most of the starting current was going into the firewall and to ground.... I replaced the heavy lead with one of the pre-made auto solenoid to starter leads from the auto parts/farm store. Once all the wiring was 100%, the battery charged and that new lead from the dash mounted solenoid to the starter, it spun over just like my tractors would. However, had I not seen the spark and smoke, it would have been difficult to find. I think the reason I saw it was, I was in the garage with the door down, and I happened to be casting a shadow where I was looking because of where I was standing. If it had been brightly lit, I would not have seen the spark......

Scott-isn’t great when p/os do diy electrical diag and repair themselves.wire harness in this tractor looks like a wire paint by numbers,my 1450s p/o ,I think was the king of S**t riggers ,when I get to the double stick 1450 I got in this group....let’s just say Charlie’s going to me getting a big order I want all new stuff in that double stick LOL

Back