• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have not had to do anything to our injectors yet. On our next engine which has more modifications than the one in it now we are planning on making slightly bigger barrels and plungers for the pump.
I know on the older Internationals you used to get the holes lasered out.

2 questions:
1. Would an 18 horse cam work in a 5,000 rpm max engine, or is the max for this cam 4,000 rpms?
2. Should I replace the rear aluminum plate that holds the crankshaft bearing?
Thanks

the 18 hp cam is not that great in an engine with no gov.. I'd consider gettimg a good SA grind from Seymore Small Engines. Greg Hackman . he does very good work.

Ryan - in regards to your 11/29 post , Generally a single cylinder will have more torque while a twin will rev up faster. I like the long stroke big torque myself. Of course there's no substitute for cubes either.

OK. hers my problem. maybe someone can help out on this one. I'm building a new shop. what I'm looking for is a dark grey diamond plate made of plastic or something simaler for on some of the walls in the the shop. anyone know of a place to get this at a resonable price? I've found sheets of aluminum diamond plate but I don't want to spend $400 a sheet for a wall covering in a shop. any ideas or thoughts are appretiated. Thanks

KENtucky,
Thanks for the input! I'm lean in the same direction......I prefer the luggin' torque of a "one-lung" over the higher-windin' rpms of a twin!

Thanks again!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Where are you folks getting SA cams. I have a 10 horse Kohler I need a cam for. Runs 5,000 rpms.

Back