• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmasheris

displayname
Michael A.Masheris
What do you guys think about turbo charging a Kubota with this turbo from a Mercedes smart car?
41384.jpg

I have a 147 with a Subaru Robin V-twin 18 HP in it. It is really just a work tractor and the picture is a couple of years old but will give you an idea of whats possible. Roger
41398.jpg

Kinda cute Mike. think its heavy enough to make a good paper weight? No looks like the ticket to me

looks like a nice fit. bet its a bit smoother than the old single ?

New to site wanting to know how big you can bore the K-301 is 0.50 to much this is for pulling.Our rules state no stroke but a 0.50 in
over bore is allowed. I`am building my first lawn puller.<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif
PULLIN CUB
wmplayer.exe (73.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>

chance's are if they allow a .050 overbore. theres more to it than that and it will get expensive. for starters since there is no OEM .050 they will use a J&E or Aries type piston. then as long as you are buying that you have the wrist pin moved up so you can put a aftermarket rod in it. then you might as well spec a nicer ring package for the piston. now that you have all this nice stuff you need to balence the rotating assembly. now you probably have close to $500 in parts & haven't put it together yet or bought a cheater cam or valves for it yet. (might as well go all the way) do they consider this a stock class? goverened? if not you need a steel flywheel.

No this i super stock class no rpm limit. but must retain stock stroke. By moving wrist pin wouldnt that be altering the stroke?

MIKE S. - The ONLY thing that effects the stroke is the offset of the crankshaft throw from the centerline of the crankshaft. Connecting rod length and wrist pin placement effects the placement of the piston in the bore but doesn't effect the stroke. There's torque to be gained in engines by using longer that stock rods with high wrist pin pistons because of the angularity of the rod, wrist pin, and crank throw which parks the piston at the top of the bore longer and allows cylinder pressure to soar but that is typically only noticable in hi-performance automotive engines.

Denny thats true for single cyl. kohlers as well. theres a sweet spot for the rod angle

Question: Is there a hotter plug and coil that I can use on my 10 horse and still use it for odd jobs around the house?

Pops

Thank's Charlie!! Next year hope to show this Cub off maybe even at plow day!

Pops

Don i finally got the Smart car turbo mounted with an adapter plate to the Kubota block.Do you take the oil from the sending unit by a tee?Where do you put it back in the engine and does it need a flow restrictor to keep up the oil pressure.Also will need more fuel and maybe timing.
43142.jpg

43143.jpg

43144.jpg

Mike , you should be able to just feed an oil psi line to it without a restrictor. for the return all you need to do is plumb it back to the pan or the side of the block above the oil level

Here is the new Vogel Spline Drive Clutch that we run in our 82 series puller. We have used this one for a full season and it is VERY impressive. The picture is when it was brand new.
43841.jpg

Here are a couple of action shots of our 682 (gear drive conversion) Modified v-twin puller with my father at the wheel. Long live the 82's! We love 'em.
43887.jpg

43888.jpg

I know several people using the spline drive Vogel clutch. they seam to work very well. but theres some other new stuff coming that should work very well also. can't say much at this time.

Hi Fellas,

I read in a past post that you can "safely" cut 0.020" off of a stock head. Will this produce any noticable increase in power?

What about adding a "cheater" cam - can it be added without any other mods to the engine (other than shaving the head)?

Will any noticable performance be gained with the cheater cam if operated at stock rpm levels?

-- I'm pondering these "upgrades" for the upcoming rebuild of my stock 12HP K301. I am only looking for easy/inexpensive performance improvements over stock, as the 129 will still be expected to mow grass and pull a roller. Obviously, if the additional expense of a "cheater" cam and/or head shaving is outside of my rebuild budget, neither will be performed.

Thanks in advance for the help/advice!
RW
beerchug.gif

Ryan, have you read the "Killer Kohler" series of articles that David Kirk wrote? See the links at the top of this page? I don't recall if he address the questions you are asking but it is a good read. Hmmmm, I guess I need to reread them again.
happy.gif

Kraig McC,

Thanks for the reply! Yep, I also read David Kirk's Killer articles....and they are excellent info sources as well.

Thanks again!
RW
beerchug.gif

Back