• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whistling.gif

Chris - Your compression release may not be working. You may not be getting enough voltage / amperage to the starter via the ground. ... and later on , are you sure you don't have a broke or stuck ring since it had been rusted ?

Charlie - Quit whistling at my legs !!

My 127 Trying to learn pictures the tractor is almost done and the deck is complete. Thanks
65848.jpg

Thanks for your timely response Charlie. Hey, it's only money!

Chris,
Take the spark plug out. It should spin over very easily. If not then you have something installed wrong. I have seen shroud bolts that are too long drag on the flywheel. It could also be a PTO issue.

Luther H. and guys.....

I picked up a higher serial number 108 parts tractor that had the same seat and adjustable seat frames (no typical seat springs). Could that have been a CC dealer options?

Luther,
Your 127 is looking GREAT!

If I may ask, what did you use for seat bumpers, that mount on the fender assembly beneath the seat?
Thanks!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Dennis/Nic I am a fan of the " They dont build em like they used to", thats why I have an IH cub. I believe that aftermarket/replacement parts are made cheap. I see it everyday at work. I am an auto mechanic for an independant repair shop. Vehicles/lawn mowers built these days have the were factor engineered in. Were would these companies profits go if you only bought one of there product every 10+ years. Same with parts, how many parts can you buy today with a lifetime guarantee? As for oil changes, 3 months/3000 miles what ever comes first. To me $15 for a filter and 5 quarts of oil= piece of mind. Now I have to apologize for ranting.

Todd H.
I can't speak for other parts, but there are parts for Cub Cadets being made that far exceed the specs and make up of what they came with originally.
And most of those really should have Dan H. stamped on them because of their high quality and precision that goes in the the making of them.
thumbsup_old.gif

I believe you Charlie, I plan on some quility parts for my cub. As I was ranting, the parts quility issue for me in my profession comes to my wallet. If I replace a water pump today, and then have to replace it 6 months from now for a part defect I get paid parts warranty labor time as aposed to customer cash time. Long and short of it if I have to replace a defect part under warranty, I get paid nearly half to do the job the second time= less $ for the cubbie. Firm believer in fix it right the first time

charlie i got me a cub deisel 1782 from down your way. Now to get her home? Later don

Just venting here . . .

I tried to do business with Newtown Power Equipment today. They claim to be the largest Cub Cadet dealer in ALL of New England.

Following the links on their web site:

New Equipment - none listed
Used Equipment - none listed
Specials - none current
News - none
Events - none

Under the "Service" heading they claim to offer "Engine Overhauls" -- so I called about getting a crankshaft (specifically, a rod journal) turned. They referred me to a local auto parts chain.

Me: "But your web site claims that y'all do engine overhauls."

He: "Nah. We'd rather just sell you a new engine."

Me: "You think I should put a $1400 motor into a 40 year-old tractor?"

He: "$1500, actually."

Me: "So I couldn't buy a replacement connecting rod from you if I wanted to?"

He: "If you give me the Kohler part number from their web site, I'll see if I can get it for you."

So I ask about a throttle shaft repair/bushing kit for a Kohler #26 carb. He has NO IDEA what I'm talking about. Naturally, he recommends simply purchasing a completely new carburetor.

"Our shop guy said those kits cost $60 and don't work well anyway. You're way better off to just buy a new carb."

In-f'íng-credible.

"They don't make 'em like they used to" seems to apply to counter men as well as to tractors.

Sorry for the rant.

::: You will now be returned to regularly-scheduled programming already in progress :::

Don T.
Man, that's a long way to tipperary, OH WAIT!
That's Nova Scotia ain't it!
biggrin.gif

Got pics?
Just remember though, they gotta go in the CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment section.

Re: Using ihcubcadet.com sponsors . . .

I can appreciate that, Charlie. I really can. And for parts that aren't time-critical, I certainly will.

Something as simple as a rod journal regrind, however, shouldn't require shipping my crankshaft to the Midwest & back, I don't think.

Bill T.
I'll bethca the guys here can find you someone close that wants to help ya, rather than to ream you a new one!

Latest posts

Back