• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would *LOVE* a recommendation in Western Connecticut of the lower/mid-Hudson Valley (NY).

I'm looking to purchase an overhaul kit (gaskets, piston, rings & rod) for a 12HP K301. This is a working garden tractor -- not a showpiece or a puller.

I can handle disassembly & reassembly; but I don't have the means to turn a crank or hone/fit a piston. So I guess I just need a machine shop that doesn't turn up its nose at anything smaller than a V8.

I grenaded the K161 in my Model 73. And I scored both a K241 and a K301 (both used) for $125. The K241 is in my tractor now, but the governor cross-shaft spins freely. It's doing the job, but I'd rather be running the K301 with an operable governor.

Hello, I got what I'm guessing will be a simple question, IH tire chains part # 999 595 R91 are for what size tires? Thanks Guys!!
coffee.gif

Ryan I used stainless bolts and felt pads. I am going to change to the correct bumpers.
Jerry; This tractor came from the dealer new with this seat. Customer requested change I figured.

Good Lord Luther that is one ugly seat!!

Well as I try to catch up here on the forum I like the comments about old verses new. Having spent many hours the last 3 weeks on the 1650 (Gus the workhorse) who is now at my daughter & son in law's. Now back to using the "purty" little 1000 for odd jobs had time to ponder and think about these old cubbies.

A couple of neighbors have just recently purchased new Cubs from a dealer. As they are very proud of their tractors it made me wonder. Here I got 2 old guys one completely restored total price involved lets say $900.00 and the 1650 lets say $550.00 with regular upkeep and a little TLC these 2 will still outlast the new ones. OK and yes I know people need to work and all the facts about our economy.

So here is my decision: Those 2 new ones that were sold leaves 2 more old ones for me to buy!!
bouncy.gif

With that said can not wait to pick up my 122 and start my next project.

Bill: If can not use the sponsors, then go into Cub Cadet.com and use dealer locator. Put in zip code and say 50 mile radius might be suprised what dealers could be around you.

Pops

charlie, Bought the 1782 d from ray weaver,its the same one you told me about from steve y.just got a email that it was sold yesterday afternoon and went on chat and ask for 1 and got what i needed. Now do you know how to move it to main or close to there so i can drive over there and pick it up???? thanks Don T

Pops I agree on ugly but when mowing on rough ground it sure is comfortable. Would like to have one on my work horse 147.

Pulled the K341 down the other night.
where rod attaches to crank should measure 1.500" new. Max allowable wear 1.499". Mine measures 1.498". Would you:
1- turn crank $50 buy new rod $50
2- buy new rod $50 and hope that it takes up enough wear to get back to 1.499"
3- Put it back together and hope that it runs another 30 years with only 2 thousandths wear.

Luther, that replacement seat is readily available. I bought one a few years back, OK more like 14 years ago, but they are still available from Northern Tool, though the seat cushion appears to have been updated slightly. BTW, awesome job on the 127!

Richard T., looking good!

Latest posts

Back