• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcoleman

displayname
Glen M. Coleman
still no luck on that valve. If I get the motor back in and run the tractor, will it build up pressure and pop up?

SB sez...<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" Central, IL (Sblunier) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 08:03 pm:

Tedd,

The only ones that are rare with 13 fins are the 16's (K341) a K321 don't count dude!!!!!!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Glen little buddy!
Did ya read my post?
I said to soak'um a day or 3. That don't mean overnight.
biggrin.gif

Hmmmm, Gilligan on a Cub Cadet....... or would that be Glenagan...

I have just bought a 169 after years of looking. It was out in the weather for some years and has a bunch of rust, but shows very little wear. I am spending some bucks on the steering, S/G and V/R and drive train, but I plan on using it for several years. What about the balance gears? I have no reason to pull the motor, as it runs strong, but I don't want them through the block. Should I get them out? Thanks

S.B., great doodle from your son. I'ts frameable.
biggrin.gif

The 129 rattle can restro is moving on slowly but surly. I actually had to WORK this morning so most of the afternoon was spent on the hood and it's problems (rust and a dent or two). I've got some goofs, a run or three and maybe a puddle or two (and a couple of lovebugs..grrr) but it's sandable primer. It is working nicely in the small pits and with sanding out my goofs and another can of primer and some more sanding I think it will look presentable from 10ft. or so. After all, it is a worker....
beerchug.gif
I ran out of yellow so the axle and other parts will have to wait a week or so. That will coincide nicely with a package from C.C. Specialties.

65733.jpg

65734.jpg

Yes, that's a David Kirk Points Saver and a Bosch coil. Try it, you'll like it.

65735.jpg

I read someplace on this site how to make the 125's have the same steering radius in both directions. Mine turns real sharp to the left and not very sharp to the right. Ken

ok but can the engine pop them up, or will the system even prime that way?

Glen,
I realize that it's frustrating on your end, but it's kinda that way on ours too.
You have not said what you have done to solve the problem other than spraying them with something over night.
If they are rusted down,(Pics would be nice) NO the pump will not push them back up.
If you do as I told ya the other day, you won't have to worry about messin with them for another 30 years or so.

Kraig,

I hope you don't mind if I post a couple of pictures of your K301 hot rod Kohler. It's going together nicely and should be a real performer. Features .030 over bore with Mahle piston, K321 (heavy counterweight) crankshaft, Alcoa forged aluminum rod that's been polished, cheater grind camshaft, block ported, polished and relieved, 3-angle valve seats, valves polished and corner-radiused, bored-out venturi carburetor, head decked .050 (7.5:1 CR), with all clearances to the tight end of factory specs. (must be mechanically quiet and long lived). Ignition will be via PointSaver and Bosch blue coil.
65737.jpg

65738.jpg

Bryan....

Blast from the past....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

The 13 fin thing only applies to K-341's, none of the others.

Somewhere near the end of 169 and start of 1650 production Kohler changed the casting on the 16 hp block from 13 fins to 12 fins. MOST 169's should have a 13 fin engine if they are still sporting their original engine, 99.9% of the 1650's will have 12 fin blocks...BUT during the transition funny things happened. Charlie says he has a 169 with an original 16hp in it that has 12 fins...I believe him. It also should have the brake style PTO and other "late xx8/9" features. I once had a very early 1650 with a 13 fin block, original factory engine again. The 1650 had very early 1650 features (bent rod style hydro linkage for one). This leads me to the conclusion that the 12-13 fin switch over at Kohler was very near to the start of QL production and that some inventory storage/handling issues created a "spread" of 12 and 13 fin engines over the first and last of the two series.

By-and-large, a 12 fin in a 169, especially one with a non brake PTO is a replacement motor and 12 fins were the standard engines in the 1650's....BUT......there are probably a few that violate this rule out there.......

I'm trying to ID my 109's mower deck to get replacement blades.

It measures 48" across, has two 10 1/2" (+/-) outer blades, one 22 1/8" (+/-) center blade.

All I can make out on the ID tag which is riveted on the deck is: 422 U-1111.

Can anyone tell me which deck this is and maybe the part numbers for the blades?

Thanks!

David nice job on Kraigs K301, you da man! My K301A has the oil dipstick on the Gen/Starter side of the block and has no dipstick tube. Was this an early characteristic of the K301? Mine is a 1967, identified by the serial tag on the block. As stated in past posts My K301 does not have balance gears.

James R.
Did ya by any chance check the parts lookup Button shown above?
The 422 U-1111 is a 42" deck.
And the Sponsors above have the blades you need for it.
65740.jpg

Digger,

I'm a retard and still can't figure out how to look it up, oh, and yes, I did try to look it up before.

How did you get to the "Three Spindle Mowers" folder?

Thanks

James R,
This is what I do.
Click the parts look up above. First click the product line tab. Then click the select catalog drop down and select Cub Cadet. Now click Garden Tractor. This should get you to a screen that shows all of the model numbers. Click the model of the tractor in question. The left details window will now show a link to the illustrated parts list. Click that link to see all the part lists. You should be able to take it from there.
65744.jpg

James R.
Welcome to my world!
Go to the lookup page, enter in 109 in the model search.
It will pop up on the right side, Click on attachments, another window will pop up and give you a list of decks by serial number to choose from. Click the one you want and a parts diagram will pop up.
Once that happens, just click the number of the blade. There 2 short ones for the outside and one long for the middle.

OR, you could click one of the sponsor buttons listed above and just order them and have'um shipped to ya ASAP.
I know Madson's, Houtz,CC Specialties,IHCCW and Cub Cadet Classics ALL carry exactly whatcha need.

Charlie, if we want to contact you about C.C. Specialties do we use your e-mail or the one listed on the site?

Latest posts

Back