• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since someone mentioned steering, I have another question. My newly-acquired 122 drives like a waterbed. I noticed that when I start to turn the wheel, the entire front axle flexes fore-and-aft like a seesaw. Looking at the parts diagram, it is supposed to seesaw up and down, but not fore-and-aft.

I'm guessing I'm not the first guy to deal with this. If I pull it apart, am I likely to just find a warn mounting pin, or am I gonna have to refurb the axle and/or chassis?

KRAIG - Your spare belt collection is about the same size as Mine....The 982 takes the "ODD BELTS" now...the 70 & 72 the exact same, and even the old 129 & 72 shared one....S/G belt.

Charlie - You know belts only have a 7 year shelf life? But nobody knows how to read the "Expires On" date molded into them.

About 12-13 yrs ago I went to an auction down by Whitewater, WI. old Economy dealer sold His "Assortment" of L&G equip. I bet there was over 100 tractors, parts, tools, etc. etc. Think there was something like a DOZEN hayracks sold before they got to the tractors. Co-worker's son bought all the V-belts....the pile on the rack totally FILLED the bed almost cab high on His old Chevy C-10 pickup.

As usual, Son & I each had a burger and a Pepsi each. Walked down the road and left after 4-5 hrs.

Mark, we recently had some posts on that. Yes, the pin is more then likely worn. However the channel that the axle rides in over time spreads apart. The fix is to remove the axle and use a bolt to draw the channel back together. If you do a search of the forum for axle you'll find all sorts of info including THIS

Jim T.
Well yea! LOL

Dennis,
Kinda like the milk jug too!

I was gonna post pics of all of them, but thought better of it.
biggrin.gif

Jim T.,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Do you just take random pictures of all your loot for posting at the appropriate times?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Doesn't everyone do that?
dunno.gif
Hmmm, maybe it's just Charlie and I that do it.
roflol.gif

Mark - you need to remove the front axle (Cubfaqs #3 follow the FAQS link at the top of this page and then go to the CubFAQS page) and then pinch the frame together - My usual method is with a grade 8 fine thread bolt and nut through the pivot holes, torque it down, loosen it up, check the clearance and repeat until you've closed it up the needed amount. Check the pivot pin for wear and replace if needed, note that a bolt will not be a good replacement for the pin, as the bolt head is too tall..

Charlie - second question lately that I was surprised I couldn't find an answer to in the FAQS - "Glenagin's" relief valve being the first. If they aren't someplace that I missed, I'll volunteer to help, but need the real experts to verify.
dunno.gif

Duhhh!! I WILL check the faq and the archives before posting. I WILL check the faq and the archives before posting.

Kraig and Kendell, thanks for the tips, looks like everything I need is there.

Back