• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David K., I don't mind at all! That looks awesome!!!
drool.gif
Post more photos please!!! I may have one problem though, that looks way too nice to put in any of my tractors!
65753.gif
Hmmmm, I wonder if my wife will let me keep it on the coffee table for a few weeks.....
dunno.gif
probably not....
bottom.gif

Thanks Digger! I got it now.

Hey, the blades I'm looking for say: "optional with IH- xxxxx-xx" What does this mean?

And what is the difference in the hard surfaced blades? What came on the decks originally? Do I need Hard Surfaced blades?

James,
The optional are the standard/regular blades, If I were you, I'd go with the hard surface blades, they last longer.

Charlie, yes but they are harder to sharpen too. I have used both, not sure which I prefer...
65780.gif

Kraig, way to nice for the coffie table, sender her my way if ya cant bear to put her in your cub. On the other hand my wife all ready thinks my stocker 301 is to loud(along with the neighbors). Sounds great to me, but what do I know? I am just a man with a cub cadet 128, is it really more complicated than that?!

I had painted them. and one got stuck down when I was
attempting to clean it off, now I can't get it out...
I'll post a pic or two this afternoon.IF my freakin camera works... ugh

David Kirk
What is the horse power rating on that K301 you are showing?
ihrotate.gif

KEN W. - To equal out the steering angle from side-to-side the drag link tierod that runs from Your steering gearbox to the left front spindle needs to be adjusted. Make it LONGER if it turns sharper to the RIGHT, make it SHORTER if it turns sharper to the LEFT. Or, if Your adventurous drill a 3/8" hole about 3/8" to 1/2" to the LEFT (closer to the tire) on the spindle arm the dragling attaches to Your left front spindle and Your tractor will turn sharper BOTH ways.

KRAIG - You'll have to install Dave's engine and run without the grill and AGH to show of His handiwork! Hope You have access to some really Good gas....7.5 CR in an air-cooled flathead is pretty high.... Ohhhh and make sure You keep Plenty of belts for the mower, tiller, snow blower around....They don't last very long when That much more HP goes thru em'.
Shift.gif

Kraig's hot rod Kohler looks just SWEET Dave!!!! I'm envious Kraig!.

Glen,
I have found that carb cleaner will soften and remove paint. Maybe you should pull the valves and soak them in carb cleaner.

Denny, that's one thing that worries me, too much HP! Art already refurbished a drive shaft for me to replace the one in my #1 125 as I know that one isn't gonna hold up. I have a new engine coupler for it too. This winter I hope to get the rest of the #1 125 ready mechanically, the cosmetic stuff will have to wait. BTW, it's my #2 125 that has the AGH (Anti Glare Hood) and SML (Stalk Mounted Headlights) and that one will have to plod along with it's tired old K301 for a little while longer.

Kraig,

"....my #2 125 that has the AGH (Anti Glare Hood)..."

Huh????????? Was that some limited edition or optional paint scheme?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

169 Update: (Not that anyone cares, but I thought I would report back anyway..)
happy.gif

Tractor serial number is 519,9XX which is near the 1st 1/3 of production. (Late-March 1974)

Engine serial number comes back as a bonafide 1974 engine. This block appears to have 12 fins by my count. (Maybe I should really take a picture of it so we can all use our mouse to count them correctly.)
happy.gif

This tractor has the later brake-style PTO.

Nothing more than just another data point to consider I guess...
dunno.gif

Ryan, the previous owner, a large corporation, had taped starting/operating instructions to the hood and taped a layer of clear plastic over it. That plastic trapped moisture causing rust on the hood. When I took ownership I removed the instructions and plastic and sanded off the light rust and gave it a quick coat of flat black primer. I forget who it was, might have been me, that dubbed it an AGH. That was many years ago.... It's due for a new coat of flat black. I recently reconfigured the headlights and removed the mirror. I installed new headlight housings and wiring and I shortened the mounting stalks by removing the portion beyond where the headlights mount. I didn't need the mirror and it never stayed adjusted anyway because of hitting tree branches. The mirror on the other side was missing when I bought it. It might be time for a photo of it with it's newly configured headlights.
happy.gif

65798.jpg

KRAIG - Just make sure Art has plenty of belts to loan You..... The mule drive My 72 "ATE" 2-3 weeks ago had to have been between 5 and 10 yrs old.... I'm sure 14++ Hp running thru it the last couple weeks had NOTHING to do with it failing. I'm just surprised I found so many new but 5-7 yr old mule drive belts in My shop!

Charlie, show off! I might have to make a wish list to send you, of belts that I'd like to have more spares of!
coffee.gif

Charlie,

Do you just take random pictures of all your loot for posting at the appropriate times?
roflol.gif

Latest posts

Back