• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 22, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don: Interesting. I assumed that CC rear ends were posi-traction (Ford terminology). I think I grasp the concept, but there needs to be room in the "differential" to mount the two pieces required to make the air lock work. I'm not sure there is enough room in a CC rearend compared to a Chevy, Ford, or Chrysler product.

I wonder what the pullers think about this?

Personally I'd like to see you start a new thread in the Cool IH Cub Cadets Not OEM but better'n' new section.
thumbsup.gif

Anyone see a problem with storing a couple of partial rollers this way??

245488.jpg

And a herd of 1x9's

245489.jpg

Don...Have you ever checked out mid west super cub , they specialize in cub cadet pulling. They got tons of parts for cub gear drives. I know they sell a spool with axles ,everything you need for a posi rear. I've heard good and bad about having a locked rearend.Sucks for turning.lol They are not exactly cheap,

Jermiah:
Before the Blue Oval guys send out a tar and feather party .... Ford had Equa-Lock and Traction-Lok.. Chebby had Positraction...

Alfa Romeo: Q2
American Motors: Twin-Grip
Buick: Positive Traction
Chevrolet/GMC Positraction
Chrysler: Sure Grip
Dana Corporation:Trak-Lok or Powr-Lok
Ferrari: E-Diff
Fiat: Viscodrive
Ford: Equa-Lock and Traction-Lok
International: Trak-Lok (clutches only) or Power-Lok (clutch and ramping engagement process)
Jeep: Trac-Lok (clutch-type mechanical), Tru-Lok (gear-type mechanical), and Vari-Lok (gerotor pump), Power Lok
Oldsmobile: Anti-Spin
Pontiac: Safe-T-Track
Porsche: PSD (electro-hydraulic mechanical)
Saab: Saab XWD eLSD
Studebaker-Packard Corporation: Twin Traction
TVR: Hydratrak
Yukon Gear & Axle: Duragrip

sorry.gif

Dennis Day - not to many 982 with Onans on here. It's somewhat rare and I believe many have been repowered with Kohlers. Hopefully one of the guys with some experience will respond to your question.

Jeff B - on your storage with 2 units up ended, the gear drive unit will probably be ok. If the other is a hydro I'd be a little concerned about fluid leaking out thru the breather if left there to long. Otherwise, except for being a trip hazard trying to get around them, and the possibility that your stop could get kicked out of place and they may fall over, there may be no issue. I'd probably wrap a strap around them so one holds the other.
Now, on the herd storage, other than trapping the two in the back of the pack they look like they are set up so you could easily access the one needed. And which ever unit that is at the front with the mowing deck, looks like you need a new flapper for the hydro release lever.

Allen,
Yes, there are instructions in the bag about cleaning up the contact points. I need to make the time to install them this week and make sure the 100 starts again!

Harry,
No report yet, since I have yet to get back out to work on it!
1a_scratchhead.gif
GREAT! So your saying I have to replace them in pairs? Maybe I should be putting the old needle back in to see if it starts first? I did not order the seat to be replaced with the new needle, I didn't know they had to be changed at the same time?

Hopefully get out to work at it tomorrow night? With my luck I will not have time today. I have to get another screw for the points cover too, would kinda be required if I was to go to the trouble of changing the points and the gasket for the cover and only use one screw to hold it on.

Dennis,
Sorry, I am brain farting right now. I am confused as to which hose your refering to? Any pictures of it? I am not at home now so I can not check my Onan to see if it does the same thing?

Jeff-

Why don't you just put them outside up off of the ground and cover them with a good tarp or at least 6 mil plastic. They don't have engines for mice to invade and as long as they are kept dry they will be fine. I have several covered with plastic and don't have any problems at all. I do regularly check for mice though.

It's just an idea that would give you some valuable room inside. You have a nice shop area.

Latest posts

Back