• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Chris B.
You don't have the same cap that all other lift reservoirs have?
65359.jpg

Fill the rear end up till it runs out the oil and slap the plug back in it.

Donald T., I have a parts 149 that still has the PTO handle in it..... Here's a couple of photos of the 149. I have not checked it to see if the button functions properly or not. I'll check on it this evening. Shoot me an email if you are interested and we can discuss it further there.

65362.jpg

65363.jpg

Charlie, the archive bug gotcha! Better you then me!
65366.gif

Charlie -

Your last post is 102813. It's not too hard to find...
lol.gif

Charlie, that would be a good idea!

Donald T., just had a thought, yeah it happens..., anyway check part #11 in the exploded view that Richard posted for you. Make sure that the notch that the pin on the lever engages into is not worn.

KRAIG - Back on the other page Your post of the PTO manual about 4 lugs being broken off in a row....Well, Only thing that I've ever seen was about 20-22 yrs ago MTD got a hard batch of PTO clutch discs that were brittle and I had one in the 72 one winter blowing snow... When it finally broke into 3-4 pcs after it had only run 2-3 hours it did make the PTO clutch so it wouldn't disengage... All of the discs I've had before & after that one have held up MUCH better...5-6-10 years with repeated usage.

Bryan,
I mean somethin like this,
By Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 01:17 pm: #47 of 50.

CHARLIE - I've seen that on some other forum where posts are numbered per page....was similar to if not Discus software.....but I can't remember what forum!
crash.gif

Charlie,
Its a good thing its on. I am in Winsted waiting to head to the site.

Ken-Tucky- Thanks! I'll test tonight after I put brakes on my 89 Volvo. Dave

Well, Fellas...... I finally received my new axle pivot pin and finished the re-assembly of the repaired front axle on my crippled 129.
groupwave.gif

WOW! DOES THAT BABY STEER NICE NOW!
thumbsup_old.gif

IT'S LIKE HAVING POWER STEERING!
thumbsup.gif

It must of just been due to the cleaning and regreasing of all the spindle joints and axle pivot pin & new tie rod ends that freed up the entire steering linkage. I used dry lubricant (lock graphite) on the tie rod ends and assembled the pivot pin and spindles with never-sieze then once assembled I hit them with a pump or two of red grease.

As was recommended here (THANKS, GUYS!
worthy.gif
) a while back, I upgraded all four tie rod ends to the better-design of the heim joint-style tie rod ends from McMaster-Carr. Part #60645K441, and only $6.08 each (roughly 1$ more than the OEM style tie rod end). I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM - THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY A MUCH BETTER unit and look good too! http://www.mcmaster.com/

I also picked up some new nylon insert, lock nuts from my local hardware to go with the new tie rod ends and flat washers on either side of the linkage arms, just because I could.

Now if I can just keep from hitting something else before this Winter,
shame.gif
then I'll tear it down and see about fixing that bad trunnion bracket on the hydro linkage!

A BIG thanks to everyone for their help, advice and encouragement!
beer2.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Glen C., you mean the sketch I posted yesterday?
dunno.gif
Perhaps you didn't see it, keep in mind I said it was a rough sketch.
happy.gif
It's the last image at the top of the September 19th archive.

If the front axle is held on by the bfp and it only has the one rollpin in it what keeps the bfp from working its way forward?? is it tapered?

Back