• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 19, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
David, looks just like an RD2149, see below. I have a scan of the manual (in pdf format) for the RD2000 which was the Danco loader for the later narrow frames. The file size is around 2mb, I could email it if you'd like. [I forget who I got the pdf file from.
blush.gif
]

317121.jpg

317122.jpg

Attachments

• 317122.jpg
    317122.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 317121.jpg
    317121.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 162
  • blush.gif
    blush.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 113
  • 317121.jpg
    317121.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 317122.jpg
    317122.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 126
Oh, and I'm certain that the weight box is a Danco weight box. It looks just like the one pictured in the manual.

David, manual sent.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 125
OK - having v trouble trying g to post here using .y new phone. Dang new fangled stuff and my big fingers

Charlie - how much he or that bucket Andis it on your website
happy.gif

David - nice score

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 120
Charlie, I have no idea.
dunno.gif

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 113
What I find interesting is that Hesston bought Danuser......interesting tidbit to file away next time I find myself digging through old stacks of literature at shows......

Danuser's most well known product was their rear mounted hitch Post Hole Diggers for putting in fence posts. They even made small frame mounted model for Cub Cadets.

Danuser's diggers were a very robust design. We sold a number of the bigger models for farm use over the years and never had problems or complaints with them. I didn't realize that Hesston had bought them at some point. We sold many Hesston head hunter units back in the early 70's, mainly when we had early snow falls and farmers still had crops in the field.

Danuser is still in business and still selling post hole diggers. I have one for a Cub Cadet and have met and correspond regularly with Glenn Danuser, current president. I think, but am not sure, that Danco was made by a brother or cousin of the Danuser that makes the post hole digger. I assume, but don't know for sure, that's the one that sold to Hesston.

Working on the 782.

The lever that controls the hydraulic lift is completely frozen. Are there any ideas on how to free it, or will that happen once oil runs through the system once again?

Also, the hydrostatic transmission lever is stuck as well. Is there a possibility of internal damage to the transmission or pump, or are most of those problems linkage related?

Thank you. I appreciate the expertise and input.

Brian, I'd bet it is all linkage related.
To be sure though, you may have to disassemble all the linkage piece by piece to locate the problem.
I doubt it's in the valve spool but if it is sticky, that will only compound the problem. 1st, I'd Try some Kroil or other rust penetrant first along w/gentle persuasion on all the joints.

I have the same issue w/the 149/loader combo I just acquired as it has hydro lift as well that has not been used for a long time.

Going into get into that soon as well as the trans linkage that has been "farmered" and all loose as a goose but I will probably need to split the tractor to assess all those issues.

I think this is the first time this has happened to me.
buttrock.gif

So I'v been servicing this 147 for a few years now for this nice old lady in town. It's always been garage kept since her late husband bought it years ago. I'm not sure if he bought it new or used. She asked if I wanted to buy it last year and I couldn't really afford it so I passed. Well the new owner which is also a good friend contacted me last week and ask if I wanted it. Well I asked how much, and he just said nothing. Come pick it up and it's yours. He said he used it a few times and now it won't start. I knew there couldn't be too much wrong with it so I brought it home. I really didn't have too much time to mess with it last night, but I narrowed it down to a fuel delivery problem. Can't wait to clean it up and tinker with it sometime.
beerchug.gif

317140.jpg

317141.jpg

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 125
  • buttrock.gif
    buttrock.gif
    439 bytes · Views: 112
  • 317140.jpg
    317140.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 317141.jpg
    317141.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 317140.jpg
    317140.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 317141.jpg
    317141.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 135
Shultzie,

Like the old saying says, "Good things come to those who wait." And it looks like it even has an operational electric lift to boot! Enjoy.

Brian,

Take a good look at the valve itself, under the dash for the lift. When I bought my twin stick 1450, the lever for the front ports would not move. The one for the lift worked fine, since it had been used regularly. I also discovered it needed ISO mounts, new pan to rail bolts and a pan. I took the tractor to Dad's and we pulled the engine. While the engine was out, it was easy to see the valve. If you moved the lever, you could see the shuttle in the valve would not budge. He soaked the shuttle for the next several days with Blaster and would tap on th shuttle lightly with a small brass hammer. It started to move, and once it moved, we were able to work the shuttle with the lever and it freed up. This was 10+ years ago and the valve still moves. During the summer, I make sure to move both levers once I in a while. In the winter it gets moved on a regular basis as I now have a hydro angle blade.

Back