• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 19, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the data provided in the FAQ sections, the 123 was produced with Serial numbers ranging from #157490 to #218009.
This would suggest the 123s were produced from 6/66 to 11/67.

Tim D.,
What is the serial number of your 123?
Why do you think your '66 123 is rare?

I'm not trying to start any ruckus - just being curious and maybe I'll learn something too.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Ryan Wilke
beerchug.gif

this talk of 123's is ironic because i am looking at one about 90 miles from my house with a mower deck and a rebuilt kohler. Not sure what he wants yet...
1a_scratchhead.gif

The tractor I used to own was serial # 199231 and the one i am looking at is serial #212504...i made sure that i asked him wat number it was so i knew if it was towards the beginning or the end.
Around here they are uncommon, not rare. Besides the one I used to own and the one im looking at, I have never seen any. so i guess its all just location, location, location\clipart {ihrotate}

I got an arm rest seat for free today! Pics to follow tomorow along with pics of my "new exuast system" on my 124 because
worthless.gif

A friend said he had some old tires he needed to give away and i accepted. The center rib had been ground off but the tires were new. Has anyone tried this? I will probally try them on the 147 with the blade on it.
169668.jpg

Thanks Dave Ross for answering my question.I will get this job done this week coming.Great site guy's.

Greg Lippert asked about the multi-layered washer (as shown in the FAQS).

I would also like to know where to get some of these. Please don't repeat the brass bushing info. I have two in my parts box.

Ryan W.-
In my opinion, your comment, "serial numbers ranging from #157490 to #218009" implies (to me anyway) that we will never know how many 123's were built.

Remember, as they were building 123's, they were also building 71's, 102's, and 122's, giving them all whatever serial number came next in the sequence. Since we don't have specific serial number data, it is impossible to know how many 123's were built. What we do know is that to be considered "correct" the serial number would have to fall between #157490 to #218009.

That said, how cool would it be if a spreadsheet-type document surfaced that showed EVERY serial number and what model it was as it came out of Louisville?

Something like this:
157490 Model 123
157491 Model 102
157492 Model 122
157493 Model 71
157494 Model 71
157495 Model 122
157496 Model 71
157497 Model 123
etc, etc, etc...

It could exist!!

Luther-
Why did he grind off the center rib?
1a_scratchhead.gif

If only <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> had MS Excel and a PC back in the 1960's...
169670.gif

Art, I've seen that before, "home computer" yeah right! I love the TV hanging on the wall, looks kind of like the RCA I spent my childhood watching Gilligan's Island on.

Hmmm, I wonder what the steering wheel is for?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Latest posts

Back