• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 18, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike "P"<
The first thing I see is the oil on the mower deck and the rear end. Better give the drive line a good once, or twice over. Keep the weights that's a couple of $$ right there. Looks like the deck will need some serious work too.

Mike P, You have got the start of a great project. the 82 series are my favorite of course, and after working with them, i would take it down to the frame, fix any stress or vibration cracks, replace all filters and seals, and add all the accessories to it that you can.....

Hey guys,picked up a couple more cubs last weekend.Traded a Ford for an 800,no motor but it has a creeper,also a 107,it needs some work but we'll get it going.
Mike P. there are a few cubs hiding in Ontario.
Here's a couple of pics.
On the 107 i picked up there is a metal tag,It has the name Richard and Sons on it.It appears to be the original cub yellow.Does anyone know if they were ever shipped with destination tags?

230582.jpg

230583.jpg

230584.jpg

230585.jpg

DAVE C. - That tag looks more like something a dealer would attach to a tractor sitting on his lot for sale. Cub Cadets were crated in cardboard boxes for shipment. Any information as far as destination dealer would have been a paper label stuck to the cardboard box.

I need to change out the hydro unit cooling fan on my 147. Also, the previuos owner removed the fan shroud when he installed the replacement plastic fan (now broke), and never reinstalled it. I bought a drive shaft that has the old metal fan on it, and another fan shroud. Does anyone have any thoughts, procedures, or ideas on the best way for me to complete this repair?

John B, I have a 149 (dressed up like a 1466) and its one of the best small tractors I've ever used, it can pull, mow, plow, does everything I asked it to so far, needs a little extra weight though. Id recommend a wide frame gear drive or hydro (again, because theyre the cubs I have the most experience with) ultimately depends on whats around, and, whatcha like! Good luck and let us know how the search goes.
beerchug.gif

Loaded to leave for Cub-Arama in the morning, if you are in the area, stop and say hello. <font size="-2">Can you guess which green and yellow 1000 is headed for the swap area.......</font>
230617.jpg

Paul Bell

OMG how could you even sell that Tractor with green paint!
yikes.gif

My vote on a great tractor would have to be a 149 ,because of the hydro and hyd lift. i use my 149 with a stack because its a great working tractor and I like the way it barks when I ask it for a little more pull lol. Cubs are all good for most jobs,some do it easier!. But I think more is better and 10 Cubs just about covers all the attachments I have .I`am putting 10 bulb LEDs on my Cub hauler for brake and signal. I like LEDS they are dependable for my corrosion area.

Try an SGT HYDRO ... you'll never go back !
<font size="-2">even if it IS an MTD</font>

Latest posts

Back