• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 18, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im kind of stumped. Friday night I brought home two more Cubs, a 125 and a 122 parts tractor. I was kind of curious as to what the years were on the tractors, so I look for the serial tags on the axle housings. On the 122, there was no serial tag...not even a flat surface on the left side where you would usually see the tag. I unbolt the tranny to find it riveted to the top of the transmission...why would it be up there? Some sort of mistake is all I can think of..

got some new meats for the 1250 tonight
230509.jpg

Go West young man!! Hmmmm....The wife would never see me again if I went West! Too much big boy toys out there, I'd move into a tractor likely. Ken, as far as the neighbourhood - I'd have to agree with you on that one!

Were there any length differences on the brinly sleeve hitch or were they just all the same, I am thinking of having new set made as the ones I have are floaters, and I want a set of stationary ones, and I needed to know the length of the stationary ones so I can have them made.

Eric T.
The length is the same, just different holes.

JJ,
I do hope your going to raise the fenders on that beasty!
If not, you'll be buying a new set in the near future.

The reason I asked was when I measured mine they are only about 12" long and I figured that they may be longer.

charlie already raisded them half inch should i raide them more thanks

I will be restoring my 1979 1650 Cub Cadet. I am wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of tires were original to this tractor ? Looks like I now have Firestone turf tires on the back and Carlisle ribbed tires on the front. I would appreciate anyone letting me know where I can get a good ORIGINAL set of tires - front and back - for my tractor ? Then finally, I have the #4 I.H. cart that has what looks to be the original turf type tires. The cart is in mint condition so I want to believe the cart came with these tires originally ? I have to wonder if these were the style of tires typically put on these carts or were the ribbed style tires put on these carts instead ? Please email me at [email protected] if you think you can help with any of this !? Thanks !! ;-D

Paul

Thanks Charlie, I just wasn't sure if I had the right length of straps, because even when I lower it to it's lowest position, the hitch is never level or lower position, it always looks like it is raised about 20 degrees.

PHB,
I pretty certain that IH didn't use just one tire supplier for their machinery. I remember seeing both Firestone and Goodyear tires on new Cub Cadets in the day.

Hello fellow Cub Cadet collectors.

I acquired 3 Cub Cadets in a week.

I have a 1965 122 with creaper and lights.

A 1971 108 with the larger deck. In nice condition.

A 1972 109 in almost new condition. Very nice.

I'll post some pics later.

Ryan M. Are you finding those Cub Cadets around your hometown or the Ames area?
happy.gif

Oh, man... Now Charlie is importing Cub Cadets from Canada to add to his collection.
230521.gif

Off to work. Ya all have a good day!!!

Hello, this is my first post here, as I'm looking for my first Cub Cadet. Any suggestions on particular models to seek, or avoid for that matter? I'm not interested in any post-81 versions.

I've been looking for information on which mowing deck fits which model Cub? Is there a matrix somewhere that would indicate which deck goes with which model tractor??

Thanks for all the great info and pictures. I'm really looking forward to replacing my MTD tractor with a real Cub.

John

I took the 682 & the "O" to a show this weekend.
I haven't started the "O" in about 4 years and with the help of some jumper cables it fired right up.
1AA_dance2.gif

230524.jpg

Marlin H.- I usually find them in both places, some in Ames and some around Springville. The last batch were about four miles away. Ive got some written down that are around here if you want to go on a "chase"
happy.gif

CHARLIE - Did you mean B.F. Goodrich, not Bridgestone? I think Bridgestone was still making bicycle & moped tires back in '79!

PAUL - I really doubt you will find a new old stock set of 32 year old tires for your 1650 but they may be out there in a warehouse somewhere. I'm not sure I'd want them seeings how badly weathered my 45 yr old tires are.

A lot has changed in the tire world since 1979. Most CC's got Good Year tires. Good Year has now been bought by Titan Industries. They still sell a GY branded turf tire. You can check size and tread style on their website. Last time I checked they didn't offer anything similar to factory original frt or rear tires. Firestone also supplied tires for CC's, mostly rears from what I've seen. They also don't offer anything similar but you can check the Firestone/Bridgestone website. It's very informative. B.F. Goodrich also supplied rear tires for CC's, and maybe a few frt's. They've been bought out by Michelin and no longer make turf tires in sizes for these old CC's. When I managed tires for FARMALL in Rock Island, IL they also used Armstrong tires in a few sizes. Armstrong never supplied any tires for Cub Cadets, I've seen no information that they made sires for lawn & garden equipment.

Most lawn & garden tractor tires are now made by Carlisle. You can also check places like Miller Tire, Tcker Tire, etc.

You can find a lot of information about what sizes & tread styles of tires were used on CC's by looking at operator's & service manuals, sales brochures, etc.

Latest posts

Back