• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 17, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank,
dunno.gif
I believe it's just a run of the mill Kohler K241 head. It's on a K241 that David Kirk built up for me as a mild Killer Kohler and was the head that was with the engine when I got it from Art Aytay in a box of parts with a Cub Cadet 105 roller chassis. I have yet to finish putting it completely back together. It's still setting in my basement where I placed it last winter after it found it's way home from David's place. I need to clean up and paint the tin and get it installed then I can install the engine in the 105 roller chassis. Here's what the engine looks like:

262929.jpg

Art try Tonny Gilletto at Maple Hunter Decals.He might have them

Charlie: They're very similar but I see the standard head is low boss v.s. high boss on the LP.
1a_scratchhead.gif

That head Kraig posted looks like it's been HIGHLY ground down. Where's the 'cylinder' portion????
1a_scratchhead.gif

Mike M-
Thanks, I checked his website, but didn't see them. Perhaps an email would yield more info.

Craig Carney-
Thanks for the offer, but I still have the old one from this 'thrower. I just figured if they were already made up I would see what they cost.

<font size="-2">(P.S. Check yer email)</font>

ART - I've planed Kohler heads till the gasket surface was flush with the outer edges of the head surface.

I'm not sure how the head could warp that much, but it warped some more according to the machine shop and they planed it again.

With these flat head engines, planing the head is a double edge sword. You increase the compression because you decrease the combustion chamber volume, but you also choke off flow into and out of the cylinder from the valve area.

Art, according to the notes from David the head was decked 0.045".
dunno.gif

Latest posts

Back