• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 10, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhomrighausen

displayname
Marlin Homrighausen
HI, Everyone. Angel and I are (hopefully) in the final steps of moving. I still have the Original and the two prototype Sunstrand pieces and some small boxes to get out of the garage at the duplex. We found the camera wrapped up in some blankets. We can't find the batteries so I didn't get any first mowing pics of our lawn. I had the 38" deck on the 125 since the 42" deck was "buried" in the garage at the time. The grass hadn't been mown since July and was matted over. After two mowings now we are starting to have a lawn look back. The garage here is filling very fast. After we get settled in I'll have to sort and part with some unnecessary items. It feels awesome to be homeowners once again. Even the kitties are loving the place. I had to take today and rest... too much heavy lifting for this now double nickel body.

Charlie P. Congratulations on the 100 new members in 30 days.

Marlin,
Glad you finally made it.
We'll also be looking forward to so pics of the house and of course the Cub shed.
biggrin.gif

building a 71 cub for plowing and it going to have a 12 horse. what size of tire should i use and what brand thanks

Gary, I have used the Carlisle 8.50x12s with good luck. I put a set of TruPower 8.50 aggies on my son's 73 that has a 12 in it and they worked great. They have a nice square shoulder that seems to bite well. Of course the Firestone 8.50s are prolly the best, if you wanna spend that much cash.

I tried 23-10.50-12 Carlisle Super Lugs and Carlisle Power Trac 23-8.50-12 tires on my 149. Super Lugs were 4 ply and Power Tracs were 2 ply. Power Tracs has a dual on land side.

I have a better ride on 8.50 tires. As for traction I may have more traction 10.50 tire and aslo had a problem breaking pin in drive shaft.

My Son has the 10.50s on his 86 with a 14 horse motor base on David Kirk's Killer 301. Here is a rear picture of both:

39778.jpg

My choice for plowing is 23-8.50-12 Power Tracs. I will go to 5-7 plow days and plow 4-6 gardens every year.

Dale or others,
That is an interesting lifting arm. I am assuming its a lift adjustment arm. Are they home made or aftermarket? Maybe someone has close up pictures?

Charlie, Amen!

It was after the 9/11 attacks that I started to archive the entire forum rather then just the images, I recall it was at Bryan's prompting that I archive the 9/11 related posts and I decided to continue saving them all. I have the archives of all the posts relating to the attacks as people were posting what they were hearing. A former forum member that worked at a newspaper and was getting regular updates off of the AP and posting them. If anyone is interested I can save these to a MSWord file and make them available.

Good eye Terry!

Dale, how about a few close up photos of the lift links on your Cubs and perhaps a breif explaination. Please!
happy.gif

Whilst cruising the web this morning looking for a tach and dwell meter to use on my 782, I found this website: http://www.sendec.com/Maintenance+and+Meter+Products/80x-100+Tachometer-Hour+Meter/default.aspx

It's a company called Sendec and they appear to make tachs and hour meters for one and two cylinder engines and appear to have the skinny on what works with different Kohler engines, etc. Just thought I'd post it in case somebody else needed the info - all I'd found until this was the little "Tiny Tach" at Northern Tool.

Tedd, yes it is a rather large amount of data, the total archives of the forum from 9/11 to today is a little over 1GB. What I'm offering to make available are the text in the posts on 9/ll and the few days afterword that pertain to the events of 9/ll.

KRAIG - I so well remember that day five years ago. Son called a couple times from school and the frequent posts here kept Me aware of what was happening, but when I went to Applebee's for lunch I was not prepared for the sight of the planes flying into the WTC.

Charlie...From those of us on the east coast, and especially we from near NYC, thanks for posting the photo memorial of 9-11. Allen in NJ

For those having some minor glitches in their use of the forum, take note of the version at the bottom of the page:

Discus 4.10.b4 - as in BETA. Expect issues
wink.gif

Since we're a little off topic here, 20 Firemen from New York just spent the weekend in southern Indiana helping us start rebuilding our church destroyed by last year's tornado. They volunteer every year on the weekend closest to 9/11 in remberance of their fallen comardes. It was a very rewarding and emotional weekend. Thank you New York City firemen. They're from

NewYorkSaysThankYou.org

On topic, I thought about taking a Cub Cadet to the building site to haul water, etc., but it would've been dwarfed by all the larger machinery -- Might have gotten run over.

Do I need to do anything to prep my IH 124 w/ 12hp for the winter. It has a 4ft deck on it. I probably wont use it from October until March/April

Erik, here's what the manual states about storage. Note item #6:

40884.jpg

40885.jpg

I like to store my power equipment with a full tank of fuel with Stabil™ or some other quality stabilizing fluid added to the fuel, I believe this prevents rust from forming on the inside of the tank, unless, of course the tank is plastic. But then I add a fuel stabilizer to every tank of gas that I buy for my equipment so it stays fresher. If you only add it to the fuel you are storing add it to a gas can then shake the can so it gets properly mixed then fill up your tractor then run it for a few minutes so that some of the stabilized gas gets into the carb.

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Latest posts

Back