• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 05, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really did suck though. Right as I got my 681 running again, no rain was seen ever again.

Rick A - hey I can't take any engineering credit but thanks anyway. I have to leave engineering to the others you mentioned and some you didn't. I just like pushing their buttons, makin'm pull out their (slide) rules, theoretical analysis, voodoo kit, or what ever they have to make things work.
coffee.gif

Bill J - ok now, I think you better adjust the governor and your speed control linkage on that 109. Sure sounds like you're going to fast to me. On the other hand, maybe because of your use of the off-topic stuff you are really just getting to experience what a Cub Cadet is - One Tough Tractor.
animatedihbear.gif

Harry Bursell

Mister Hydroharry I have to agree, My 129 sure is handy.
worthless.gif

244416.jpg

Some day I must finish it lol.

Anyone have the difference in dimensions of a large and small air cleaner on K241A engine? How do you know which is which?
bash.gif

Mine is 6" outside diameter, 1-7/8" tall.

I am thinking mine is the large one - but how do I know for sure?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Don,
I think that is the best view I've seen of your loader/129.

And I must say....Very nice

With the recent talk regarding 169s and their 13-fin engines, I received an email from a regular forum member asking me to chime in with some info from the data I've been collecting on 169s and thier engines.

I have to admit, I've wanted to say something awhile back, but have kept quiet because what I would say goes against the current beliefs.

Right now there is not much data to work with, but what we have points to an almost EVEN DISTRUBUTION BETWEEN 12-FIN AND 13-FIN ENGINES in the 169 model line. Here is a screen-shot of the data with the owner's names removed:

244419.jpg

I know it's hard to read so I'll sum it up by saying that we currently have 15 169s in the database and just over half of them have 13 fin engines, while the remaining tractors have 12-fin engines.

Here's my uneducated speculation... I think there has been a FALSE belief that the only original engine for a 169 is a 13-fin engine. There are just too many 12-fin engines showing up for me to believe that. While the 13-fin engines could be thought of as somewhat more desirable due to the fact that there is more meat on the engine to bore them out, it seems as though BOTH types of engines are original and "correct" to these tractors.

Heck, at this point one could almost say a 169 with the original 12-fin engine is a more "rare" tractor.
happy.gif

Speaking of 169s....

I had the high-tech paint booth open this past week:

244425.jpg

244426.jpg

244427.jpg

...and put some new rubber on the old girl:

244428.jpg

Art, nice job on the rims.
greenthumb.gif
Looks good with the new tires. Are you planning on refurbing the rest of the tractor?
dunno.gif

Art-
The case with my 169 is it was long-blocked at some point, where the original engine was stripped of its sheetmetal and transferred to a new block. I'd have never guessed except for the fact the timing marks on the flywheel don't line up with those on the blower housing, and the flywheel is machined to accept a ring gear... Leading me to believe its a "correct" replacement for a 1650 that was changed over enough to be in a 169.

Wyatt-
That's an interesting perspective on your 169. Do you still have that tractor? If so, then I'm going to need some numbers from you!
happy.gif

Kraig-
Thanks. No, I will not be resto'ing the tractor. After redoing a total of 3 tractors so far, I'm "done" with redoing tractors for awhile. This one is going to get a good solid mechanical "going through". It has a few minor issues. That's the fun part anyway....

Latest posts

Back