Archive through September 05, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbliler

displayname
Jerry Bliler
Steve Bluner has posted a rework on that lift rod. It goes with his snow blade set up guide. Well written and works well. Hard to believe it is about time to gear up for the snow season!

But Kraig----- you are going to spoil a few good stories of folks landing out in front of their cub. now you have went and spoiled it! Those heavy duty lift rod mods do come with a seat belt kit don't they???

Jerry, I think you mean Bryan....
1a_scratchhead.gif

Here's the info that Steve Blunier posted that you mentioned, the link is to where I had reposted it.

Steve B's "Ramming Speed" lift rod. When you get to the link scroll way down.

Hey Michael I dont know if I have posted on this site before but do freq. on the other one. I work for a diesel, starter, alt. shop in Ga. I am not the starter guru. I do the med. to light duty diesel fuel and electronics systems diagnosis and repair, but anyway on your starter gen. question, the gen. is probably ok since you grounded the f term. and it charged. Some of those regulators are set differently for diff. apps. or the one you tryed could be bad, you're about going to have to try a new regulator, unless you take the gen. off and carry it to a shop and have them test it, and if it is good you will still be in the same boat as you are now. I know people say not to change parts and you try to avoid that as much as possible but sometimes you have to test with a known good part!!! If you have starting or charging, or diesel questions I will happy to assist, if I don't know the answer I can talk to the man I work with that will know. Let me know what you find out
Shotgun.gif

Kraig, I knew it was not you flying over the hood. Have heard of several doing it including ME! sidewalk cracks are great for it with the blade set straight. Lots of stuff hides under snow. Was always glad for a trip blade and some spring in that lift rod. It really is for PULLING the blade up not for PUSHING it doun. Wished a few times I could have shaved ice with the blade. Would have had to use less de-ice. Don't miss that job too much now!

Thanks for the info Kraig, I was thinking along the lines of what Steve B did.

Bryan, I agree that some things are "made" that way for a good reason. I.E the safety factor
thumbsup.gif

What size belt do I use for the QA 36 Snow Thrower on a 105?

Thanks,
Kevin

This Cub Cadet stuff has become my new addiction...Thanks a lot guys...
I didn't like the condition of my hood so I bought another one. I am not assuming I might have a small storage area of Cub parts very soon.

Kevin-
I speak from experience when I say this...

If you don't like what you see now, wait a few years. IT GETS WORSE!!!!
drool.gif

QA Snow thrower belt apparently is not made anymore is what my local cub dealer is telling me... That's not good. Any idea if there is a after market belt for it... Again this is for the 105

I am actually impressed with what's out there form parts, it's good to see that there are a lot of these old machines still kicking... Can't say that for the new ones.

Had a bit of bad luck with my 127 today.

Went out to mow the lawn and the motor shut down as if I turned off the key switch.

I had very intermittent spark at the plug so I changed the plug, no luck, plug wire, no luck, condencer, no luck, checked the wires, no broken wires.
What do you think was the problem?

Charlie, Thanks for the info on the subframe!! And to any one else seeings how the topic last night was lift arms for plows. I have one thats original to the plow that only lifts the plow about 2" to 3" off the ground which doesnt seem to be high enough for me. Can I shorten it or just make a new one? It also looks like someone made it longer at some point in time. The guy I got it off of had a "quietline" Cub, is that longer in the front end compared to my 106?

destroy.gif

crash.gif

Got a package from Greg Edwards today. Thought I was seeing double--

93709.jpg

Then I thought Kurt Smith might get a chuckle out of MY latest tractor:

93710.jpg

Lonny: Dirty points??

The trouble was the coil, swaped it out with a known good coil and the motor fired right up.

Now I will be able to finish the lawn on Saturday.

Looks like there is three of us. I don't have anything to talk about, my old cubs won't co-operate and break down. When they do go they will probably make a crater in the ground. I usually not lucky enough for just a head gasket.

Latest posts

Back