• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 04, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which type of CC axle should I use to raise the front of my cub up a little bit? maybe an inch or two? (I don't want to buy taller tires, and can I modify the existing one to do so?)

Kraig McC.,
The improved/better method of clamping the axle channel via a large bolt is diligently noted...
thumbsup.gif

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking; that the repair wouldn't likely last for long. Although I don't do any plowing with my 129, I do use it on some non-smooth ground often, so I'd likely be better off just holding off with putting too much effort into a quick repair and just step up and locate some used-but-good replacement parts now.

It isn't as though it's my only tractor, as I do mow the yard with my (more-handsome
tophat.gif
) 127.
I usually run the "Ruff n' Ready" 129 to mow the back yard fence lines and to pull my firewood trailer out of the woods.
construction.gif

Thanks again!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Jerry-
Did you use the Wide-Frame spindles on that replacment (narrow frame) axle for your 109 or the narrow frame spindles? Did it have any effect on the ride-height of the front end of the tractor? What type of modifications did you have to make to the drag-link arm to make it work?

Got any pictures of this mod? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Kraig-
Your "I only propagated it" comment sounds like Bill Clinton. He claims he "didn't inhale"...
deadat30.gif
err.gif

Ryan: Replace the tie end rods, trying to straighten will work but more times than not it weakens them and they will break unexpectably.

Son let's do it right.
tongue.gif

Pops

Jerry H.,
Thanks for the hint!

No, originality isn't important to me on the 129. I do have a 125 with a good front axle... but according the the Parts Look Up link (above) it ndicated it was a different part# (129 is part# IH-759-3270 whereas the 125 is part# IH-759-3011) so I didn't think it would work.....?????

Do you think it would?
If so, could I also use the 125 spindles?

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Pops,
Yeah, you're probably right.
old.gif

They may likely just crack within the threads when I go to straighten them and then they'll break off when I'm far from the garage and it just began to rain...
eek.gif

I shouldn't try to be too cheap
shame.gif
and just change out both tie rods.
Hmmm,,, I wonder if those bars on my parts 125 are the same length?
confused.gif

I should measure them...
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan, IF you use both the axle AND the spindles it will work as Jerry mentioned. The axle on the 1x8/9 and Quiet Lines has a different arc to it then the narrow frame axle. FWIW, it is my opinion that there was a bad batch of 1x8/9 axles, I've seen more broken 1x8/9 axles then any other series....

Jerry, good call on the suggestion of a narrow frame axle/spindle combo for Ryan.
thumbsup.gif

Art, no comment......

Glen, if you were to use narrow frame spindles on your wide frame axle it should raise the front of your Cub by about 3 inches or so...... maybe less.
dunno.gif

Art, you thinking of using a NF axle on your "rehab" project tractor?
64601.gif

Latest posts

Back