• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 04, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
KENtucky, would that be 60 tubes as in 30 packages of 2 part epoxy?
dunno.gif

I'm sure this is no big deal for most of you, but I am syched that I was able to pull the engine from my 1650 and change the motor mounts.

With doing this I found out the two bolts on one side of the engine that attach to the motor mount were gone. No wonder things seemed out of sorts. The bottom mounts were in BAD shape.

Put everything back together, and what a HUGE difference!!! Better than ever...

Just had to share this feat with someone else. This was big for me. My wife just doesn't understand.

Thanks for listening....

Ed

Edward, Cubgratulations on a successful repair!
groupwave.gif
thumbsup.gif

Hey Ed,

I'm with ya bud. I have been working on and building racecars for years and there is still such a feeling of pride when I fix even the smallest quirk on my Cub.

There's just something about these old dogs that makes me grin. No other old garden tractor makes me as happy as my Cub.

Congrats on the repair buddy. I hate those iso mounts they can be such a pain to line up!!

Kraig -
dunno.gif

Beats me I don't buy the stuff , but for $200 that's all he's gonna get
clappy.gif

Edward - I feel the same way when I can get windoz to start up
biggrin.gif

Hey guys. On a 38" mower deck, what are the bars that wrap around the ends of the deck called? Maybe guide bars or something? I need the one that is on the closed side of the deck...and not sure what to call it. Would this be something that a sponsor here has, or once I know what it's called I'll put a post in the Wanted section.

ED--nice work on your tractor. I know the feeling, I was ecstatic when I finally got my PTO clutch rebuilt correctly.
bouncy.gif

Jarrod, I usually refer to them as runners, as does the Cub Cadet Parts Lookup.

Under Edit: I see KENtucky calls a single one a runner too.
happy.gif

Hi U'll
I have a 149 that when you turn the steering wheel the left side of the axle moves forward a 1 or 2 befor the wheels start to turn. I could not see any bustings in the front axle pics in the manuels. What is the fix?

Dave H. let me stir the pot a little here. I dont have a welder, insufficient need, but would probabily get a small Mig. For lighter metal like most things on a Cub it should be sufficient from welding I've watched. Think stick is now for industrial welding like KENtuck used to do for a business. HarborFreight has a few Migs for $200-500. But as always you get what you pay for.
<font size="-2">KENtuck dont kick me too hard, he said weld. Not JB Weld!</font>

Jarrod M.,
I don't know about 38" decks, but I know that not all 42" decks have the same runners.
I do know they have at least two types of runners.
One is round and one is sorta half-moon shaped.

What shape is the one runner you have?
Is there an ID# tag on the deck...if so, what is it?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

The axle moves to the front and back about 2" out at the spindle. The axle should not move forward or backward at the spindle if the axle is not loose in the middle right.

Tony,
You musta missed the talk a while back about squeezing the the frame back together where the axle sets?

Tony - It's the little channel up under the frame that the axle sits in , where the pivot pin is. Take a big C-clamp and clamp it to close the slack. The pin is most likely wore bad too.

Thanks for the replies all. Ryan--The rod/runner I need is round. I took the easy route and called a cub dealer. That runner that I need is $75.00...Of course that is new, they don't deal in used parts. I also need the "cap" for that end of the deck too. The guy recommended that I take the deck somewhere and have someone who can weld bend up/burn up a rod and a cap (3/16" steel for the cap he said) and just weld it all on there. I dunno, but I do know that $75+ is not happening.
destroy.gif

Latest posts

Back