• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben you may want to look into a 147 frame to convert your sheetmetal over onto. Some clubs rules will not allow a flared frame unless it was a factory cutout heres a pic of my daughetrs 100/147frame
96321.jpg

I need some advise from you guys.I have a 1512 diesel and am going to put a 23% overdrive cast iron rearend in it to make a puller.I have two other Cub Cadets with Kubota diesels with turbos but they have hydros in them.How do you set up the clutch on the front pulley or the flywheel end?If it is the flywheel end then the ring has to be flipped?
I have been getting up to 10 pounds of boost under load.

We run off the flywheel end. Some guys flip the carrier. You will have to custom make a steel flywheel anyway, we just designed one that has an intregal driver and puts the clutch in a real close compact arraingement. We built a rear for a diesel puller and flipped the carrier and got a special ring and pinion that had the teeth cut at the opposite angle to standard.

On our diesel puller we made a reverser box to lower the motor and line the input up to the engine. We have one guy that runs planetarys on the axles and the input runs straight into the top shaft. That lets you get your engine lower also.

97317.jpg

I have visions of a "hotrod" cub cadet from a non-running 100 that I have.
My question is, if you install a non-IH engine in a Cub cadet and run it off the flywheel end, and then flip the carrier to keep yourself going forward, will there be any ill effects to the carrier, from its basically running backwards all the time??
Charles Anderson [email protected]

The carrier doesn't know the difference, the ring and pinion do.
We built a rear for a diesel puller for a guy who didn't want to do it "right" and he ran it until he was making probably over 100hp before he had problems. We just used a better type front pinion bearing and holder and set it with about .012"-.015" backlash instead of .002"-.005" as we do when the teeth have the correct geometry. Of course you have to set it up so you get the correct contact pattern on the teeth.
I assume it goes without saying, if you plan on making power, you will be using a Dodge carrier or the like anyway, the cub one will just break.

Any guys on here building Kohler Command Twins?? Here is what I am starting with and already have ideas for the 25hp for next year, super 982 style frame-ANY Suggestions on stock length verses the super 6" longer frame??
/image{twin 1}
110976.jpg

Hi all,
Just a up date we had are club Christmas party this week end I ended up first in the 1150# class and in the 1050#class and in the 950# class I took 2nd for over all points for the year I figured I did pretty good but im going to have a little more computation this coming year im thinking of gearing my cub 124 a little we pull dead weight on a clay track I have a pretty much stock K301 12 hp.
I never run out of power in 2nd and 3rd is just a tad to hi what would you guys recommend for a gear change. the gears are all stock that are in the trany know any thought would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Brian, that extra length means more weight & a longer driveshaft for starters. Now if you're a short legged guy like myself, keep those pedals & seat close together! You can see in the pic the much different appearance the super frame gives a machine.
111184.jpg

DARREN - Midwest Supercub makes over-drive & under-drive reduction gears....check their website. You'll have to figure out if You want to pull all the time in 2nd or 3rd gear and choose Your ratio accordingly. The new '08/'09 catalog I just got shows them for $160/set unless You want the really HIGH O/D ratios, then $210/set.

Kyle, I an 6'3" so the longer frame would be good, BUT since I weigh around 320# I am little concerned about the wight difference. I am running alum wheels all the way around and the tractor I have pictured I have a NF cub cast axle in it but the super frame will have a lighter tube axle. I really like the super frame look how it stretched the tractor, I have been to a couple of the NQS pulls selling parts and see what other guys have done. I also have heard if you don't have a good track the long frame will not hook well at all(on that kind of track any tractor has issues) I am currently running Big Bar cepecks cut, not double cut but also have been considering picking up a used set of Cheveron Cepeks or Lawntecs-I missed a set of Lawntecs at a NQS for $250 still in super shape

Kyle, I forgot to add I am running 4500-5500 RPMs, one class lets us run UNLIMITED RPM which is 5 miles down the road and easy to get to, but there is another club that pulls 4500 with much tougher competion. NO one in the area at either clubs run super frames, I want to be the first. By the way I like the 2000 series puller you have, did you use the 2000 frame or just the sheetmetal??

Brain, yup, at 6'3" you'll be able to take advantage of the extra space of the length of the super. Tin Rabbit weighs in at 980 with me on it, I'm 200lbs. Removing the rear fenders, alum axle housings, lighter front axle all help. The Rabbit has a car clutch in it so there is ALOT of extra weight there, I wouldn't worry so much about yuor build up of a super as long as the front axle & the rear fenders are taken care of.
The 2000 series puller is a complete 2185 with a 4spd. If you can get ahold of a 2000 series frame, it's the same length as the super frame & one heck of a lot lighter if you're going for an all out lighter machine.
111308.jpg

Kyle, I have a 2000 frame right now but no sheetmetal and stuff. I buy and sell Cubs, I bought a few Kohler parts from you in the spring and when you shut down your site I asked how you did it. Then I had two engine craddles out of 1282, 1211 I sold you on eBay. How big of a pain is putting the rear end in the 2000 frame??

Biggest problem with the 2000 frame is it's alot wider than the 3spd tranny. Mine has 2" worth of shims welded in place to hold the tranny. Next one being built is getting narrowed instead so I can use 6x6 wheels. This is what is left of the tractor now & this Monday I'll probably cut it up for parts on the next build.
111325.jpg

hi all can some one please tell me how to get a hold of Brian Miller thanks in advance Darren

Brian Miller rebuild my 122 clutch. I forgot how much snow my cub could push with a clutch that dose not slip. I had my rebuild with the cultivator spring he offers. works great.
ihrotate.gif

Back