• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 28, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Ya know everyone at some point has ya work on something for them, Sooooo.
I got a new sign for the garage for those occasions.
biggrin.gif

69379.jpg

Guys,
Need a little help.
Used my 782 for about 45 minutes today and the blades stopping spinning. Would sporadically work the balance of the afternoon.
Anybody had this problem? Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks
Scott

Chris E.
Most generally, I just measured mine and the 8.50's are 12" wide and the 10.50's are 15 1/2" wide, but that may vary from chain maker to maker though.

James C.
Did ya look under the tractor and check anything like the linkage, roll pins or something bent?

Scott B.
I'd start lookin for a broken or loose wire or connection going to the PTO if it were me.

James C.
There's not that much that can go wrong with internal brakes on a 104. Get under there and check out the connections and or adjust it up to see if that helps.
69381.jpg

Cleaned out the woods today using the loader and grapple. Hauled 3 car trailer loads of brush and 1 load of wood. Its nice to be able to load a trailer with little to no physical lifting. I wish I could use the loader to unload the trailer. I pulled this guy out of the woods and thought I would snap a picture. Its easily around 400 lbs.
69386.jpg

69387.jpg

69388.jpg

Terry B.
It still amazes me on how much that thing will lift, You gotta be cheatin somewhere here, but I don't see any wires or mirrors!
biggrin.gif

Not to long ago somebody mentioned using a 12v oil to help lubricate things.

Can someone send me in the right direction for info on one?

Thanks,

Nic

Thanks for the welcomes and advice.
I must have a '68/'69 model 72 with an upgraded 10hp engine.

The original owner was Bobbie Barker, who owned a landmark dancehall in San Antonio TX called The Farmer's Daughter; when she was mysteriously murdered 25yrs ago, her brother inherited the tractor. The clutch just gave out, so he sold it to me... (he bought a JD120 lawn tractor.)

Quite the interesting story behind the former owner... http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA092307.COLDCASE.keNS.fdfcbd0c.html

Eureka, no blue wheels. Hey Craig, no magnifying glasses, it's a 10 or 15ft rattle can job.
69399.jpg

69400.jpg

69401.jpg

69402.jpg

Robert Von Dohlen:

I'll add my 2 cents about your tractor...
Notice the dash...it's all metal (Original, 70, 100, 71, 102, 122, 72, and 73 had an all steel pedistal/dash) The 104 has a fiberglass dash covering the steel pedistal.

Note the shifter..it's short, and only has one bend (the 70, 100, 71, 72, and 73 had that kind of shifter) The 102, 122, 104, and 124 used a taller shifter that has 2 bends in it to clear the center section of the fenders...which the 104 should also have.

Note the height of the 'tunnel' on the frame. The short tunnel frames were used on the 70, 100, 71, 72, and 73's.

Also, the steering wheel...note the acorn nut. That steering wheel is on the Original, 70, 100, 71, 72, and 73....the 104, 124 had a plastic center cap in the wheel with IH on it.

I'm pretty sure you have a 72..with a 10hp in it.
thumbsup_old.gif

Thanks Charlie, just don't look too close. The kids/grandkids/friends kids(including Japanese), have already had heaps of fun around the backyard, they are easy amused.

Hey!
That's all that matters.

BTW, what's the deal with the emblems? Are those something you made up or is that one of those AUSSIE,AUSSIE,AUSSIE! Things?
thumbsup_old.gif

The Front, Sides, main Panel are all ex Madsons (well done by them, courteous & prompt in mail), steering column & gear nob started life as the rotating IH logo by you/kentuck/? & worked on by me on 'paint shop pro', others/Honda me mucking around. MTD/local agent McConnell steel good for clutch & steering parts.

James C.-
Sometimes the "puck" (the piece that moves inside the transmission with the brake lining on it.) gets siezed up and stuck inside the transmission casting. I'm not saying that's YOUR problem, but it happened to me once.

Terry-
Impressive that your 147 can lift that much, but even more impressive that you can get off the seat and not have it "go over" on ya.
thumbsup_old.gif

Graeme-
Nice job on the 102. How much H.P. are you running now?

Charlie-
Did ya see that he changed his trans fill-plug from an "innie" to an "outie"?
rofl.gif

Graeme - That 1oh2 looks sweet this far away ;) You might want to put some bolts in yer engine though, looks like it's fell over to one side already. Naw I'm dead serious , look at it ...
Hey I like those rear tyres (Aussie spelling) you have on there. They shouldn't let you fall a sleep ... Thump Thump Thump
Yeah that was me that made the rotating <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>, you should have hollered I'd have sent you a better graphic that what that was.
You still looking for a PTO ?

Charlie - I need yer sign but the last line should read, "To Forget You Know Me". Bad couple of days and even worse nights.

Terry - You keep it up and you're going to break your front axle.

Nic - What Charlie said, x2
confused.gif
confused.gif

Richard - Dem thar grills makes good rat patches on tha corn cribs ;) ... baby cribs too if'un ya aint got no baby sitter.

AAtay- 11Hp OHV

Kentuck- Yeh, motor looks that way, but she has got good grunt, son had it with 1 back wheel about 4 inches off the ground, wants me to fit a roll bar! The tyres do thump, but they also grip even on damp grass. With the cost of freight for heavy stuff to down here think I might pass on the PTO for now.

Back