• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 25, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I posted this earlier but I guess not. I have a 63 cub cadet with no lights. If I were to buy lights and wiring, what other electrical components would I need other than a switch? Thanks in advance

Steve B.,

This is a 128 with 1 inch spindles. I am almost positive these are the spindles that came on it. It also has the larger 10.5 inch wide rims on the rear.
I want to keep the wheels, but sell the tractor. This is why I am trying to swap them out.
If all the 1x8/1x9 series had 3/4 spindles, how did the 16-6.50-8 rims go on the 3/4 inch spindle? Are there two different 16-6.50-8 rims? (One for the 3/4 inch spindle, and one for the 1 inch spindle.)

Marty G. I have a 108 with a 14 hp Kohler and love it. Are you sure that you won't miss the 128?

Marty-

Is this 128 the one you started with a few years back? If so, why the heck are you selling it?

Just curious...

Marlin,

No, not too bad, I have another one.
wink.gif

Wayne,

Heck no!!! It's stayin.
err.gif

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 111
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 113
Yes, there are 2 different 16x6.50 rims, 3/4" and 1".

At one time or another the spindles were replaced on the 128, no question. 1" spindles appeared late in QL production shortly before the AL lower grill surrounds were added.

Well, crap.
angry.gif

Steve,

Is there a bearing that will go in the 1 inch rim that will fit a 3/4 spindle?
1a_scratchhead.gif
dizzy.gif

Never mind, I can't get a narrow 3/4" rim on the 1" spindles any way.

Well, crap!
angry.gif

Attachments

• angry.gif
    angry.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 104
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 116
  • dizzy.gif
    dizzy.gif
    367 bytes · Views: 113