• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 23, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I adopted a 1200 yesterday. We all know how that goes. I was wondering if any one of you fellow cubbers know how to replace the clutch from one of those. The flange disc by the motor is broke.

WAHOO!!! PTO is fine but had problems with main engine pulley for the S/G a little worn where the shaft key goes on the main shaft coming out of engine, but after some thinkin' I made a shim that fit right in out of an extra microwave vent I didnt ever use when I installed it. A little bit o' trimming and sized and a little tapping and every thing is nice and tight again!! I had to buy a set screw so I decided to go to Auto Zone and I would think those guys would know what a set screw was but nooooooooo. Ant way all fixed and happy happy!

WES H. - Ohhh MAN.... A Laser? Only thing keeping Me for getting one of them is about $1,000,000 Bucks. Yep, THAT's the right tool for SO many jobs!
I know Travis has some plasma-cut suitcase weights @ PD #1 that looked pretty nice.
Wyatt also had some nice stuff made at a place He used to work several years ago. I think they came off a CNC/CAD/CAM acetylene burning bench.

Willie: Does is look kinda like this?
95713.jpg

bash.gif

Finally got the photo editor on the new computer, just thought I would throw some pics up. The old girl was in rough shape when I got it.
95723.jpg

95724.jpg

95725.jpg

Charlie:
Leadin's supposed to start from outside the finished piece...(or is that slot there for shims??)
bouncy.gif

Nick H, hit the return key after each pic! They won't go wide on ya.
Looking good on that "O".

Frank, yea one of my pins that hold that plate like thing broke. It is a little worse than that.

Good morning, All. Willie, I think we're in a minority, here. From what I've found, so far, the proper 3-pin driver is only used on the 1000 and 1200. Myron gave a good explanation of the difference a week or so ago. I think replacing it, once we find one, will be pretty straight forward. I put a throwout bearing in this one when I got it last summer, and it's no job to remove the driveshaft. Fixing mine is on the back burner for this winter (unless it doesn't snow any more). New, the plate is about $120. "My Cub loves my wallet" is right!!!
coffee.gif

Nick: Before/after pics like that are an inspiration.
thumbsup_old.gif

CHARLIE - Did the laser cut the mounting bolt holes too?
Supplier I used to deal with had a PAIR of BIG lasers fed by a stacking system all CNC. Load the steel sheets into the stack, load all the programs for the laser, turn the lights out at night and go home. Come in next morning and the LASER Fairy would have ALL the blanks cut and staged for that day's secondary work. All the trimmings would be tossed in the scrap bin too. Really nice system.
Laser produces a much nicer edge condition than the old turret punch press. 15-18 yrs ago I used to buy a family of 22 ga. 304 SS panels that had UL sharpness requirements on the edges for burrs. Deburring 22 Ga SS is about like deburring a razor blade. The laser would have been the right tool for that job! Waterjets are pretty cool too. Used to be tough finding a laser, but almost ALL fab. & stamping shops have them now. Rapid Prototyping at it's best! I used to have prototypes made on wire EDM machines. Talk about slow and costly. But for things that need to retain heat-treatment in the metal adjacent to the cut it's the only option. They have CNC packages now You can even make gears, straight cut spur & helical gears with wire EDM.
I've had gaskets cut with lasers, Imagine something about twice the size of the nasty Hydro cork gasket.... Took a bit of developement, the gasket material would put off a bit of smoke and interfer with the light beam.
Ohhh Last Purchasing war story. I had a machine tool spindle I was trying to find someone to gun drill a 1-1/2" dia hole seven feet long and a 2-1/4" dia hole eight feet long in. Spindle was over 15 feet long and eight inches in dia on the big end, 4-1/4" dia on the little end. This was for a BIG horizontal boring mill. I'm talking with this Guy in Ohio, and He said He could shoot a perfectly straight hole .003" in diameter thru the piece. Yep, with a laser. I kept the guys phone number for future reference!

Anyhow...The Cubbies are waiting patiently for all the leaves to fall to mow the last time for this year. The weather guys keep saying this "S-word", that white stuff....it's too hard to sift out all the leaves from snow. I have lawn areated before in heavy snowfall, and thru drifted snow in the yard.

There are two holes in the frame of my 105 to mount the bracket that holds my snow blade on, any idea what size and length these bolts are. The frame is pre drilled to accomodate these bolds, also course or fine thread if any one knows...Thx

Kevin, 1/2" dia. x 1" long hex head cap screws, course thread. However on a 105 the bolts are optional, unless the QA latch isn't working.

95727.jpg

95728.jpg

Nick, very nice job!
greenthumb.gif
More photos please!
bouncy.gif

Kevin, the QA hooks on your 105 should have latches that hold the blade sub-frame in place. The blade sub-frame should have pins on it that mate with the QA hooks.

95730.jpg

95731.jpg

Kraig someones "QA" bracket must hold much better than mine. it seems to be the new fight. Every time I use reverse the whole mower deck hanger unlatches. Those z-turns are starting to look nice but why the 27 hp????

Jerry, perhaps yours need new springs and maybe some oil so the springs can do their job easier. Or perhaps the bottom portion of the latch has worn so it's rounded over.
dunno.gif
The photos I just posted of the blade sub-frame in the QA latch are of one of my parts tractors, I mounted the blade sub-frame a while back for a photo session, easy to flip that Cub on it's side.
happy.gif
Maybe I should remove the QA latch for safe keeping, it appears to be working properly. My two 125s currently have no issue with the QA latches but ya never know.

95733.jpg

Jerry, check this point for wear, if it's rounded over that could be your problem.

95735.jpg

need help.
I know that i seen a picture of someone setting up their breaking plow on here but i can't find it now. I have a cat 0 plow 10 inch.
Thanks Jamie

Thanks Kraig, so it can mount right to the quick hitch...Hmmm interesting... I guess that is why they call it "Narrow Frame Quick Hitch"... I am a moron... Thanks again...

Latest posts

Back