• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 22, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
It's about that time again.
The last guy/gal to post on this page before it rolls over will WIN a FREE 2007 Cub Cadet Calendar!
69091.jpg

Charlie, I got one of those, I need a 2008 calendar!
bouncy.gif

Allen, these lights were on it at this angle when I bought the 122. A previous owner just cut out the Grill panel strip and installed the lights. The head light clamp rings on te back of each light have notches in them to secure the lights. These are at a 45 degree angle causing the lights to be at the same 45 degree angle. Maybe I'll have to take a picture of this tonight.

Vince, the rings are supposed to be at a 45° angle, only tilted the other direction..... In any case you should be able to rotate the lights so they are not tilted.

Here's a photo of my trusty, dusty, rusty #2 125.

69096.jpg

Kraig - Yep the rings are suppose to be at a 45 but like he said there are notches for the light to set in. There's glass bumps on the bulb to match the ring.

Vincent - Rotate the clamp ring and see if that does it. I'd have to go dig mine out to see if that would do it but I think it will.

69099.jpg

Kraig-
If you wake up to some funny noises coming from your front yard tonight, don't bother checking. It's just me power-washing your cubs!

Eeek!
bottom.gif

Art, KENtucky, I took that photo just before I took the #2 125 apart to fix the PTO. I cleaned it up before I put it back together. I also replaced the old stalk mounted lights and wiring.
happy.gif
...it's still rusty and trusty though....

See I learn something new every day, thanks guys. I will definitely look at it tonight, either before or after the middle school band concert. Hopefully the concert is not too long, you know those Band Teachers/Instructors...

I wonder how much dust there is the back of the lights on mine?

Am I last yet?

Art, I know that the rings have notches in them for the bumps on the bulbs....
69104.gif

Art - I wuz savin juicetricty !
Naw I started to take it out back when I was casting those rings so I figured I needed a pic of it before I took it all loose.

Art - Kraig moved you up in the world ... he confused you with me
69107.gif

I better check the lights on My 982 someday too....Mowing Saturday night they wouldn't light up anything towards the right side of the tractor. I had to run My "Work Lights" all the time after dark. I started mowing about 5 PM, gets pretty dark around 6:30, and I didn't get done till almost 9.

With the lights angled like Vincent's they should trhow a little more light into the center of the view.

Like KENtucky said, I have my lights angled for more light in the center of my view... At plow day in Iowa 1 1/2 years ago they worked for about 1/2 a round! I don't remember trying to turn them on since.

My nephew likes the lights as is, and he knows where the key is...
69110.jpg

Nice yellow flowers I have in the multi-colored lawn!

Latest posts

Back